Starting Hiring Process

DBenton

Rookie Expediter
Driver
Janet and Kevin,
No maam. The only thing you must do is a temp assure run to be certified for TVAL. They will explain that.
There was probably 25 in the class.

Gear_Grinder

Rookie Expediter
Researching
So quick update. After being denied by Panther our owner held on to us and had us apply Fed Ex and we were approved this past Thursday. We were notified today that we will be attending orientation on Wednesday. So we will be leaving tomorrow to drive up to FedEx headquarters and starting orientation. Everything happened so quick since the approval. Now with our truck it was brand new set up for a Panther team we will only drive this truck for up to a few months then he will be switching us to another truck for FedEx set ups for white glove and tval and will be sending us back to training for tval and white glove. So everything is looking up and hopefully on the open road early next week. He’s allowing us to drive home to pick up our animals and load the truck up for the weekend so that’s awesome.

DBenton

Rookie Expediter
Driver
Congrats Gear Grinder, very proud of you! Y'll deserve it. Make sure you have everything to make yourself comfortable. Keep us updated on Orientation and your journey. So excited for yall.

Reactions: Gear_Grinder

Gear_Grinder

Rookie Expediter
Researching
Thank you I appreciate the positive feedback. Very excited for this journey after that set back, that really put us in a very worried mood. Thinking most companies were the same but found out otherwise so it definitely brings out the positive in us and makes us want to work harder to prove ourselves. I’m glad you guys are happy in your third week in and getting some miles in. Stay safe out there and maybe we will run into each other some day.

Reactions: DBenton

AnneM

Recruiter
Recruiter
Glad you learned that not all companies are the same. Most companies have different hiring guidelines etc. I'm glad you found one that will accept ya'all! Also keep in mind, all companies have their warts, you just have to decide what warts you are willing to live with. There is NO perfect company out there! I'm excited for you guys! Keep us updated on your travels!

Reactions: ntimevan

DBenton

Rookie Expediter
Driver
Gear_grinder it would be awesome to get to meet you. Keep in touch and let us know how your first week goes and be safe!