60/40??

barbara6410

Expert Expediter
I am a driver of a cargo van . I have questions... he gets 60% and I get 40% .. is that 40% supposed to be after the fsc?
I have attached the pics of this one settlement.. I thought the 40% 60% was with the fsc included in the 60% not after then divide 60/40..??

Attachments

• 110B8937-6962-4962-A055-D1FD8C540B63.jpeg
    110B8937-6962-4962-A055-D1FD8C540B63.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 61

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yea it should but they was thinking it should be split an I figured they knew the 60 went to the fuel buying I will be clearer next time your royal shelled one lol

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

barbara6410

Expert Expediter
Thank for replying . Were you able to look at the photo? Shouldn’t the 40% been taken from the 1006.00? So the driver should get 409.00 and change? And the remaining 60% goes to the owner and the 115.00 fsc goes with the person who gets the 60%? (Owner)
Thanks for any insight...

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I can't see the picture but I would think that the fuel surcharge is taken off first and goes to whoever is paying for the fuel, then from the rest, 60% goes to the fuel buyer and 40% to the other.

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Can’t really see the pic I have tried saving to my phone and zooming in can’t really make anything out of it

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Run 1, Acme Widgets, 400 loaded miles, $350 gross pay, $14 FSC.
Run 2, Short Circuits, 275 loaded miles, $260 gross pay, $9 FSC.
Run 3, General Plastics, 590 loaded miles, $490 gross pay, $21 FSC.

So the gross pay total is 1100 and the FSC is $44. Side A pays for all fuel. Side A gets 60% of the gross pay. Side A gets 100% of the FSC. Side A should receive $704. Side B gets 40% of the gross pay. Side B should get $440.

Now let's talk extras. Run 2 had detention pay of $60 and layover pay of $80. In my opinion, and with my trucks, each side should get $70 because the minutes spent in detention and layover are equal for the vehicle operator and vehicle owner. Anything involving time is a 50/50 split in my opinion.

Run 3 had $75 hand load/unload fee. In my opinion, and with my trucks, the entire $75 goes to the vehicle operator because they did the work. Now, if the owner happens to also operate a vehicle and happens to be at the same dock at the same time and helps do half the work it could be split. Otherwise anything that is people pay, meaning work involved, goes 100% to the side doing the work.

Hopefully that makes the mud a little clearer.

Last edited:

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
LDB,
If run 3 was a hand unload , w/o pay , would you help your driver ?
In your scenario, I would help the driver, give him all the hand unload money, and have him drive away smiling, thinking Stick is a nice guy.
Not driving away thinking Stick is sure a cheap pr*ck for taking half that unload money.
Owners in this industry ask the drivers to do so much for no compensation.......

Reactions: ucfd608

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's about a 99.97% probability I won't be at the same dock. In a decade I was at the same place as one of my teams one time. Even if I were there I would probably be busy taking care of my own load and paperwork. But, yes, I'd give them the money regardless. I was just making a point that it is rare for an owner to be entitled to any of the accessorial pay, in my opinion.

Reactions: ucfd608