How would you choose?

BlindSquid

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I'll give her credit for her choice.

For me i to believe I'd have chosen differently.

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I can’t say how I would have chose because I have not faced anything like that but as far as her choosing Dave y wouldn’t u have made her choose

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Boatcat

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Its a tragedy to even have to make a choice like that.
Knowing, and speaking for myself, I would have been greatful for my Life so far, but chosen to move on.
For me, quality of Life is much more important than simply staying alive. JMHO

Sent from my SM-N910V using EO Forums mobile app

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I would have chosen to die also, could live a decent life without legs but no arms either, couldn’t handle that.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I guess it would depend on her family and situation...and the will to live...with modern technology....bionic arms and legs...it would be a task but doable...seen they have a hand with fingers now that can pick a dime off the table....something a person with artheritis can't do....just saying...Quality of life can only be judged by the person living that life

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
If I was in her situation I would have chosen life as well. Quality of life is what you make of it.
Look at this guy:

Reactions: Moot

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
I guess it would depend on her family and situation...and the will to live...with modern technology....bionic arms and legs...it would be a task but doable...seen they have a hand with fingers now that can pick a dime off the table....something a person with artheritis can't do....just saying...Quality of life can only be judged by the person living that life
Soooo, what would YOU do?

Edit: "I don't know" is a perfectly reasonable answer.

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Soooo, what would YOU do?

Edit: "I don't know" is a perfectly reasonable answer.
Well some details are cloudy
Were they complete amputations? Or were stumps left to work with?
It’s one of them things you’d have to be in her shoes to make that decision ..., and without details...”I really don’t know”

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Age is a huge factor in making a decision like this. She is 18 years old, determined and has her whole life ahead of her. Myself, I've had a good life and at my age I think I would probably cash in all my chips.