The latest new Load One custom

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
Our drivers watch the all miles rate for these trucks! While we carried less 4-6 skid loads in the beginning, it seems dispatch is learning to use these truck's advantages more as we go... I'm sure it is a learning curve.

While the fuel economy isn't equal to our Promasters, it is more than balanced by increased revenue. As a matter of fact, we are building 2 more right now! When these are completed, we will decide if we will make more of these or build a new patented design we have come up with? I haven't decided yet...

Sent from my SM-N900V using EO Forums mobile app

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Did anyone ever hear Dave Ramsey say "when I became a millionaire,I paid off all the people I stiffed when I declared Chapter 7"

Reactions: ntimevan

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Does not concern me at all. The loads that go on these 3 vans would not go on my truck anyways cause I don't run cheap. While they run at better rates than a regular van it is still cheaper than what I need. You can argue that they would pay my rate if those vans wouldn't be there, but there are plenty 5k lbs loads that I can run at my rate.

You guys overcomplicate the simple. Why worry about something you cant control? All I worry about is how to run my business more efficiently because that id what I have control over. I run my loads and make money now. If in the future my loads dry up for any reason I will move on. It is that simple.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

People who think like that about politics are called libertarian.

Tim Xpedites

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Custom built by one of our great fleet owners. Under 10k, 6 pallet with a sleeper. Really sweet set up!
d438c1d0be65d0a1b4d78a7f75a969b7.jpg
21cdd5fe9b6f586a5d5e1b27cbbfcf94.jpg
9449aee027e1bf57e302bcae983129d1.jpg
ded9b274bcd7a0ca7e3b8da3ed47562d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

Hey, I just noticed I'm in one of these photos John! LOL. Im at the front of the van with greyish shorts, ball cap and back facing you, LOL. hahaha This is a nice van tho!

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just MY opinion if you need that much dang room for freight ... Buy yourself a Straight truck and make money ... sticking $ 50,000. into a Van or Sprinter does not make Finacial sence in todays FLOODED Van market ...

hauling freight from a Pond near you
That's what I was saying earlier . Hopefully the driver of this beautiful vehicle will be able to take home $1000 after the owner takes his cut from the $1/mile
Steve I'm just one opinion it doesn't matter relax

Sent from my SM-N910T using EO Forums mobile app
Where do you get the number of 1 dollar per mile freight.

Reactions: jelliott

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The first driver has recently purchased a black, short, 1/2 ton Chevy van that he will be trying to expedite in beginning in two weeks...

The Promaster cube driver jumped into it and now admits it struggles to get close to 12 MPG...

These are the drivers you are quoting as informed sources...

Sent from my SM-G955U using EO Forums mobile app
Just a few ... i never ask their names ... just ask how their Vans are working out ...

eae63bbd5cff8644c3d93b5391fb109f.jpg

Owner/Operators , Expedite company managers , drivers of vans and Straight truck drivers & owners have come on EO and Facebook and complained about how the Russians /Foreigners and the Yellow Penske cubes have driven the rates down by hauling 5 to 6 skids and undercutting everyone .... well you hauling 5 to 6 skids in your new van is doing the same general thing ... you may get a better rate from John ..but you are doing 2 van loads .. which in turn used to be possibly 2 family incomes .. thats what started the yellow cube craziness ... lets haul 2 van loads ... more work for that cube .. less work for the vans ... kinda the same thing if John would start hauling all his Straight truck loads on his available Semi's ... 2 loads in 1 ... eliminate the Straights right ... make more money on the Semi's ... right ...

You have a nicely designed Transit van and i am sure John will make sure you make good money with it ... but i look at the Big Expeditite picture ... there is an over abundance of Vans out here and vehicles hauling 2 van loads on 1 van and possible overweight and illegally insured is going to increase ... thus hurting the industry as a whole ... again just my opinion ...

hauling freight from a Pond near you
Was reading your post his and why does it matter if he takes loads of 4K since those would be straight truck loads. Also as a businessman, it doesn’t concern me about other drivers and if they survive in the industry or not.

Reactions: westmicher

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
The other factor is this unit is doing it legally vs MANY of the notorious tandem axle stickers for under 10k Penske trucks out there. Those are the units that people generally have the issue with. You could argue the 3 pallet high roof vans took all those loads from cubes or straights just as easily?

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums