The Trump Card...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Ultimately, the President really is the top law enforcement entity. He's not an officer of the court, but he is ultimately responsible for the enforcement of federal laws.

The Legislative branch writes the laws, the Executive branch enforces the laws, and the Judicial branch adjudicates the laws.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The AG works for, and is directly answerable to, the President,she as all other Cabinet members.

The President most definitely can commit obstruction of justice, but firing a cabinet member in and of itself doesn't meet the standard of obstruction.
Not in & of itself ... it's a piece of the puzzle.

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The AG works for, and is directly answerable to, the President,she as all other Cabinet members.

The President most definitely can commit obstruction of justice, but firing a cabinet member in and of itself doesn't meet the standard of obstruction.

“He is the chief law enforcement officer of the United States,” Dowd said in an email to USA TODAY. “He has more power and discretion on that matter that DOJ and FBI put together. He cannot obstruct himself!”

It would be refreshing if Trump's base looked at these statements objectively. Guess that's too much to ask ...
All Hail Trump ...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

“He is the chief law enforcement officer of the United States,” Dowd said in an email to USA TODAY. “He has more power and discretion on that matter that DOJ and FBI put together. He cannot obstruct himself!”

It would be refreshing if Trump's base looked at these statements objectively. Guess that's too much to ask ...
All Hail Trump ...
I'm not exactly Trump's base, so I can't speak for them, but I can certainly look at it objectivity. And that includes historical and legal precedent and the SCOTUS rulings that have affirmed it. The President can certainly obstruct justice, but he cannot obstruct justice by merely doing what the Constitution explicitly permits him to do, such as pardoning someone, or firing a member of his own Cabinet. Go check out President Andrew Johnson and his firing of the Secretary of War, how Congress tried to prevent him from doing so via legislation, and how they tried to impeach him for it, and how SCOTUS told Congress, "Oh, puhleeze."

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
This tax reform is bs the people who use most of the government pay the least amount of taxes the only fair tax would be a straight % I'm willing to bet it would be around 5%
If Walmart says it cost them 99 cents to sell something for a dollar they still owe the government Thier 5% no smoke and mirrors

Reactions: davekc and Turtle

BlindSquid

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army

The Hillary Clinton Angel Wings Christmas Tree Topper

I can't even

How were they able to do that without having it burst into flames?

Angles throughout the firmaments clipping their wings & leaping off of clouds. Weeping & wailing, the gnashing of teeth.....

Reactions: RoadTime

BlindSquid

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
California wild fires, blame it on Trump. Jerry Brown was crazy 40 years ago and like a bottle of Ripple, he didn't age well.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQAH24LTmPA

I saw that too; global warming & trump. Everyone/thing but us.
Will never occur to anyone (as jwc said).
They pump the water table dry (over the years) to the point the ground settled 50-60 feet lower. Sucked off the Colorado River til it flows like a creek.
All of which created the California vegetation desert (dry as bones).
"Let's all go outside & play with matches".

We could take the nation's unemployed to the border & put em to work with shovels & jack hamners till they split CA away from the main land? Wouldn't take long, the right hammer in the right spot ... Nature takes its course ..... Earthquakes and hopefully "subduction" and down they go! Problem solved.
Come back up in the Atlantic in a couple billion years from now. Whole new outlook on life. He he he

Reactions: Turtle and xmudman

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I saw that too; global warming & trump. Everyone/thing but us.
Will never occur to anyone (as jwc said).
They pump the water table dry (over the years) to the point the ground settled 50-60 feet lower. Sucked off the Colorado River til it flows like a creek.
All of which created the California vegetation desert (dry as bones).
"Let's all go outside & play with matches".

We could take the nation's unemployed to the border & put em to work with shovels & jack hamners till they split CA away from the main land? Wouldn't take long, the right hammer in the right spot ... Nature takes its course ..... Earthquakes and hopefully "subduction" and down they go! Problem solved.
Come back up in the Atlantic in a couple billion years from now. Whole new outlook on life. He he he
Well OK, but before you start somebody get Mailer & family back on our side.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: Moot and Turtle

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Longtime Trump Aid Roger Stone now shares my view that Trump is on the way out.

A longtime ally of Donald Trump has already begun writing his political obituary.

Political strategist Roger Stone is writing a book chronicling Mr Trump’s tumultuous presidency, and he already has a title: “The Fall of Trump”.

That title, Mr Stone told Vanity Fair, corresponds with his sense that Mr Trump’s presidency is in peril but the President is not hearing “the truth about how bad things are”.

Full story

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I guess Mr. Stone would not be writing this book if his real motive wasn't $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$..inho.

Now, if Hillary had been President, all the safe sanctuary cities would be going strong, the Muslim crowd would be brought in by the hundreds of thousands, and all would be right with the world and ISIS would have beaten Europe. The Clinton Foundation would be richer, Soros would be VP and off we go..I forgot about open the borders for all the Mexican illegals ...

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I'm not sure everyone sees how "bad things are". Economy doing well, stock market at record levels, you know the story. Not sure we are there at this point? Just my opinion.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Pardon for Flynn?
That was the question asked, yes.

Why is Trump broadcasting this?
He was asked a question, and he answered it. He was asked if he would consider pardoning Michael Flynn, and he said he didn't want to talk about that yet. He's not going to talk about it yet because Flynn is still a witness, and if Trump says one way or the other on a pardon it would be witness tampering.

Why does Flynn need to be pardoned?
Well, he's butt stoopid.

Reactions: davekc