The Trump Card...

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Nothing to refute, he has accomplished ZERO and while the economy IS strong, it was strong when he took over, just continuing in the same direction.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

I think the economy looks strong but more than likely the bubble is the only thing that is growing. At some point it’s going to pop and everyone is going to be saying it’s trumps fault but he has nothing to do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And, he presented positive proof that Russia did NOT meddle in the election - Vlad gave him a "pinky swear".

I don’t doubt it was a group of Russian hackers that were to blame but until there is some evidence they were working for the government more than likely they were doing it to get something they could make money on.

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
I'm willing to bet as many liberals own guns and in some areas more
How much you willing to bet? :D

In 1976, 50 percent of Republicans, 48 percent of independents, and 45 percent of Democrats owned a gun. That changed in the 1980s and 1990s. By 2000, 30 percent of independents and only 27 percent of Democrats reported having a gun in the home. That drop continued among Democrats; by 2016, only 23 percent owned guns. Meanwhile, Republican gun ownership has stayed fairly constant. In 2012, 54 percent of Republicans owned guns.
There you go with your polls. Rember I'm for the south and lots of family that are liberals that own guns.who vote democat if the pet rock was running for president .I laugh as I have watched them change thier opinions about things as the democrats have done over the years. Like it has been said before polls are nothen but a joke.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
One, there is a world of difference between demographic research surveys and public opinion polls.

Two, hard data on gun registrations confirm the demographic research analysis.

Three, gun ownership is not something people are inclined to lie about. Those who own guns are quick to freely admit it, as are likewise those who do not are quick to make it known they do not.

Four, I am also from the South. I know very well that gun ownership in the South is far more ubiquitous and party affiliations play virtually no role in whether or not you own a gun than is the case in any other region of the country.

Five, you never answered my question. How much are you willing to bet? :D

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
Lol unless we did a house to house search that could never be proven. Example when I had my small gas station I kept a shotgun and a 38 hid I never told anyone about them neather at that time was registered.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Are you saying that most people not only lie in their responses to anonymous survey questions regarding gun ownership, but also that gun registration databases are also full of false information? Ohkayee.

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
Are you saying that most people not only lie in their responses to anonymous survey questions regarding gun ownership, but also that gun registration databases are also full of false information? Ohkayee.
Yep o and I forgot my great grandads.16gage shotgun but it hasn't been fired in 50 years

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Most - no, Many - yep!

If you take a look at the numbers that have changed dramatically over the years, I guess that tells us who the liars are.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Three, gun ownership is not something people are inclined to lie about. Those who own guns are quick to freely admit it, as are likewise those who do not are quick to make it known they do not.
I believe there are quite a few liberals that clamor for more gun control but wouldn't freely admit that they owned guns. Think politicians and Hollywood types.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I believe there are quite a few liberals that clamor for more gun control but wouldn't freely admit that they owned guns. Think politicians and Hollywood types.
True, but I don't think it's half of them. But even if it was that many, it's hard to lie your way around the gun registration database.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Don’t forget about the people who will never admit to having a gun because they think that is how the government will put them on a list to take them away......

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Because of Tuesday's election results, the likelihood of Trump's impeachment is higher today than it was on Monday.
The residents of the Swamp better not waste any more time starting the impeachment process against President Trump. Time is running out. Lil' Kim and the people of North Korea have sentenced Trump to death for dissing the little wanker.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Over their leader's objections a U.S. House Democrat filed articles of impeachment some time ago. It went nowhere. Now additional Democrats have added charges and filed new articles. That effort will also likely go nowhere for now. I share this link to the Articles to show what the final document will eventually resemble. When the impeachment initiative begins in earnest, these and other charges will be debated.

Movement toward impeachment continues to build. Before, very few Republicans would publicly criticize Trump. A greater number freely do so now, and they do so with excoriating words. The Trump base is fraying around the edges as his major campaign promises remain unfulfilled. Articles are being written and added to. If the political will develops to proceed with impeachment, it will not be a lack of charges that keeps it from moving forward.

Impeachment is a political act, not a legal one.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Many tried and did impeach your boy Bill Clinton - did he go on as if nothing happened and is now drawing a retirement check on our dime...? Anyone want a cigar???????????????????

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Many tried and did impeach your boy Bill Clinton - did he not go on as if nothing happened and is now drawing a retirement check on our dime...? Anyone want a cigar???????????????????
There are two ways to impeach a president and remove him from office. Only one of them has ever worked.

First way is to let evidence from investigations build a bipartisan and public consensus for impeachment. That’s how Nixon was pushed out of office in 1974. If he had not resigned, he would have absolutely been impeached, and removed from office.

The other way, the historically unsuccessful way, is for just one party to launch impeachment proceedings without bipartisan support, simply because they don't like him, and hope the rest of the country comes along. That’s what Republicans did to Bill Clinton, and it didn’t work. Spectacularly didn't work. Instead, it backfired, making Clinton more popular.

If the Democrats try and impeach Trump, even with the swampy never-Trumpers on the Republican side, unless the country is on board the swamp buggy, it's a virtual certainty to backfire.