extended/tall van vs. 10-15 ft box (u-haul)

IBXPUHDYTIN'

New Recruit
Researching
I am planning on buying a vehicle very soon and starting with a company on 1/1/2018 on the east coast. Leaning towards a box van with a bunk but worried about TOO BIG-scales,cdl,logs,etc. is a 10' box too small?I will be in truck 100% (house and car are GONE) of the time. Trying to balance cargo area-legal-sleeping space.When does logging start?

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am planning on buying a vehicle very soon and starting with a company on 1/1/2018 on the east coast. Leaning towards a box van with a bunk but worried about TOO BIG-scales,cdl,logs,etc. is a 10' box too small?I will be in truck 100% (house and car are GONE) of the time. Trying to balance cargo area-legal-sleeping space.When does logging start?
Anytime the weight of the vehicle (including driver and his belongings) plus weight of freight exceeds 10001 lbs. one must log and have a med. card.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Anytime the weight of the vehicle (including driver and his belongings) plus weight of freight exceeds 10001 lbs. one must log and have a med. card.
This is basic trucking 101. The OP has some serious studying to do.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
I would go with a straight truck and a sleeper, if your going to spend a lot of time in truck and on road, don't get a cheap truck. when I came out of retirement for a month, I drove a Penske truck and it was bare bones, no air ride, truck had no power, with 500 lbs on truck just get up the mountain on east 64 coming into Waynesboro VA. it was what I call a down hill truck, great for city driving but not for the long haul. rode rough to you could feel the road thru whole truck. drive for someone else