Big Truck Let the protesting begin!

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
we need to protest now across the country to make a point, just go home for the holiday , there are 3 day's of supply in pipe line, slow it down. go by the book, or drive 8 hours and at 55 mph, that will make things back up.
go by the letter of the law, and they can't do anything to you. so glad I'm retired now

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I always like when someone who has no skin in the game,or is in no position to join in, tells us how to protest.
Unless he's been involved in successful protests in the past.
My feeling is he'd look at a protest as a time to step it up and make more $$$.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
I have taken part in 6 protest so far while being o/o for over 25 year's,
1st one took part in was for a ad that put truck's in a bad light, got them to pull their ad, in 3 day's.
when they found out how powerful our group was.
2nd one was to get Ohio to raise the speed limit for truck's on interstate.
3rd one was when fuel prices were going up because of taxes in New York state, got them to lower tax by 2 percent that they raised it, there is power in number's. that is why you should join OOIDA
4th one was when all the truck's bobtail into DC, over fuel price and taxes they wanted to raise, help plan that .
but was out of hours for that one. was struck in Baltimore, MD for that one.
5th one was for pre diem for transportation worker, it went from 80% to %50, took us 8 year's to get it back to 80%.
every Friday we protest on I 95 unit we got it back to 80%
6th one was for truck stop who gave straight trucks a hard time, as we couldn't get require amount of fuel for a shower, as some of us only had 2, 30 gal fuel tanks, we showed them how much money we spent in there truck stop and work out a fair deal.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
apologize accept
getting ready to protest again local issue in Newport news , VA
last election in VA, didn't like who was running for governor , and ran as a write in and got about 3,500 votes, in 2 weeks before election , ran internet campaign, knot 2 out of race.
this my wife said no running for governor this year

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
call your people in congress, or wrote them, remind them that you vote, and not register to vote , get it done, and join Ouida

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
If you really want to protest and support a great cause, take two minutes to visit this link. Simply complete brief data fields and a letter to your Congressmen will be sent from you to protest CSA and the unreasonable Safety Measurement System that FMCSA is trying to force on the trucking industry.

Motor Carriers for Regulatory Reform

Your protest will be read and heard.

Thanks for your support!

Last edited:
Reactions: hdxpedx

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Thank you readers that take a minute to do this for the industry. The Motor Carriers for Regulatory Reform coalition (MCRR.net) was founded by TEANA (The Expedite Association of North America). TEANA is comprised of many of the Expedite Carriers you see here on ExpeditersOnLine.com The coalition members, and advocates like yourselves, were instrumental with a similar letter writing campaign in having CSA Basics scores removed from public view. We are now hoping the current letter writing campaign is successful in preventing FMCSA from continued use of the flawed Safety Measurement System (SMS) they propose. Participation from our great Expedite community is crucial.

Thanks in advance for taking a minute to send a letter. Thank you Lawrence McCord and On Time Media for the awesome platform (ExpeditersOnLine.com) that started networking within the Expedite community.

Motor Carriers for Regulatory Reform

Sincerely,

Reactions: davekc