No Idle Ann Arbor Mich

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
if you go to landline web site will tell what city's and states that now have no idling law's
Va has no more than 10 min's, $ 25,000 dollar fine, with exception of some one taking 10 hours off
but funny thing is few year's ago asked Mayor of Newport News VA, he didn't know of rule
asked a DOT Trooper about it he didn't know rule had been passed
asked state legislature who pass the law, didn't know Governor , had sign it into law, reason they pass it was so they could get DOT money for highway's

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Well I guess Ann Arbor is one of the first to save the world in Michigan.

Drivers take note: New anti-idling law in Ann Arbor taking effect
For me personally....I'd like to see a national anti Idling law....with todays technology its just plain stupid to idle...
While I can agree its hard on the equipt I don't think we need anymore laws to save the planet. Its just not going to happen. 10 trucks idling in A2 isn't going to make a dent vs the thousands of cars idling at the golf course or county park while folks eat lunch, walk the dog or whatever.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's drive-thrus at restaurants and banks that have been proven to be, by far, the worst culprits of idling emissions.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Cow farts worse than cars according to a Breitbart article.

Cows Worse Than Cars for Climate Change, Environmentalists Admit - Breitbart
e5fe620ec5385f6955db7da99be58018.jpg

Cows have a Gas problem ... hmmm

hauling freight from a Pond near you

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The vast majority of methane is produced by decaying debris from natural sources such as wetlands, rivers and streams, gas hydrates on the ocean floor, and melting permafrost. Termites are the second largest source of global methane emissions. Next comes the extraction and burning of fossil fuels for electricity and transportation. Then, way down the list, cows.

Reactions: brokcanadian

jaxonviking

Expert Expediter
The People's Republic of Ann Arbor -- where they virtue-signal weekly! Ban truck idling in a city with no actual truck stops or places where trucks overnight (actual truck stops are outside the city). They also love illegal aliens, but someone working for cash under the table could never afford to live there. Next, they're gonna ban Wal-Mart and Chik-fil-A (none exist in the city yet, and seems unlikely either would set up shop there). Then a ban on coal-fired power plants within the city limits.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
The People's Republic of Ann Arbor -- where they virtue-signal weekly! Ban truck idling in a city with no actual truck stops or places where trucks overnight (actual truck stops are outside the city). They also love illegal aliens, but someone working for cash under the table could never afford to live there. Next, they're gonna ban Wal-Mart and Chik-fil-A (none exist in the city yet, and seems unlikely either would set up shop there). Then a ban on coal-fired power plants within the city limits.
I'm thinking the TA @ the Dexter exit holds a A2 address?
Not sure will have to check next I get a fuel receipt out of there.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm thinking the TA @ the Dexter exit holds a A2 address?
Not sure will have to check next I get a fuel receipt out of there.
The TA is on Baker Rd with a Dexter, Mi address.

ta baker rd - Google Search

Reactions: Slo-Ride

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
with a DEF truck ,idling is a big expensive No No anyhow...I used to live within a block of a bus barn for the local bus company.....in the 50's ...the smog and fumes was nasty.....