For Chevy van fans.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Interesting that they would show this vehicle.....

c3500.jpg

It's a ford...

Reactions: ntimevan

roadeyes

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Well, other than one pic showing a Ford Transit, the first pic is an Opel I believe.
I'm trying to figure out the model.

Reactions: Opel2010

roadeyes

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I think you might have fallen prey to one of those "keyword sites" that only exist just to try and drive traffic to the domain.

roadeyes

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
You can usually tell just by the generic terminology they use in their content.

This one can't even get the pictures right, lol!

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It would probably have way more ads on it if that was the case but it really doesn't matter one way or another.

roadeyes

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Not quite the same as a generic landing page, it's basically a "fake blog".
What's really interesting is that that is about the only type of site there is on the first page of a google search.
I think if there were going to be major changes to 2018 models, we would have heard it by now.

Last edited:

dalscott

Expert Expediter
Not quite the same as a generic landing page, it's basically a "fake blog".
What's really interesting is that that is about the only type of site there is on the first page of a google search.
I think if there were going to be major changes to 2018 models, we would have heard it by now.

I had heard that they were going to import a nissan and put the chevy name on it. Sad

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: driving solutions

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I hope GM doesn't throw the express on the useless crap pile like Chrysler and Ford.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I wouldn't consider them useless at all. Should they be built better, absolutely but there are plenty of people out here succeeding in them.

Reactions: piper1 and ntimevan

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Usually Chevrolet is smart enough to put the rear wheels actually at the back rather than in the middle like Ford. Could be a clue.

Reactions: Moot and piper1

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ya...me thinks this is a traffic driver kind of web article....and it worked....I read it!

I wouldn't put any stock in it. As mentioned...an Opel (GM just sold it) and a Transit are pictured....and the drive train bit of the article is about 7 years old in its information about the current Express...let alone new ones. There is absolutely no way the current 6.6 diesel is going in a new van...you can't even get one in the current van model now. They can barely build enough 6.6 engines for pickup truck demand (and pickups have a much higher profit margin).They also mentioned critics loved the new van....what critics...from where?

Reactions: xiggi and Moot

jaxonviking

Expert Expediter
Can't JUST make an Express taller. Needs Euro-style rear doors and slab sides. Saw some after-market mods that looked promising -- basically cut away the van body halfway up and added a fiberglass topper + extended height doors. Place in North Carolina did them, I think. Fit and finish on the modded units weren't all they could be though. They did Fords also. Took at look at one of those in Knoxville, but it was in rough shape and was a Powerstroke diesel.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As I age, and as I fatten up I really hope they keep the ride quality no matter what they do. Our "new" wheelchair van is a 2006 Chevy Express Starcraft conversion with big puffy leather seats. I can't even ride in the backseat of our buick anymore

P.S. high roof + soft ride please. I have a concussion from smacking into the overhead TV

Reactions: ntimevan