The Trump Card...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Too funny. Right after I posted the above, I go on YouTube and see this. It's not the same story, but it's certainly the same type of issue, and it highlights another issue with NBC that is disturbing (if you've seen it).

Reactions: muttly and RoadTime

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
personally he should set his ego aside..to me he is looking a little silly/childish....he is wasting too much of his focus on the nonsense of the press...lets get the bills/legislation drawn up and put on the table....there will be no more jobs till he delivers the $$$$$'s....

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Too funny. Right after I posted the above, I go on YouTube and see this. It's not the same story, but it's certainly the same type of issue, and it highlights another issue with NBC that is disturbing (if you've seen it).

Mark Dice is hilarious. I could watch a bunch of his videos.
Ok, one more.

Reactions: Turtle and JohnWC

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
According to Donald Trump's Feb 25th tweet; "The media has not reported that the National Debt in my first month went down by $12 billion vs a $200 billion increase in Obama's first mo.":bobtail::happyhappy:

Reactions: Turtle

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Like he had anything to do with it. Sometimes he needs to zip it.
you are correct...it is a blip....when congress starts approving all his expenditures and starts hiring all them extra border staff....look out....they figure he has about a TRILLION$$$ in spending in the plans....and any tax revenue will be AFTER the fact if it even shows up....

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's not really even a blip, per se. The National Debt, and the Budget, are still on Obama's time clock. and will remain so until Congress authorizes any new appropriations.

The government has a snotload of intragovernment holdings, which are Government Account Series (GAS) securities held by government trust funds, revolving funds and special funds. Intragovernmental debt is incurred when the government borrows from federal trust funds to help fund current operations. It's like short term paper (loans) that businesses use to meet payroll, or in trucking, factoring. Only with intragovernmental debt it's all in-house, shuffled on paper back and forth as necessary, and consists mostly of the Medicare Trust Fund, the Social Security Trust Fund, Federal Financing Bank Securities. The amount in the holdings is about $5.5 trillion, give or take.

They shuffle money around as often as once a month, but usually once a quarter. When they do, the National Debt can rise or fall anywhere from $5-$25 billion at a time. Like, they may borrow $20 billion from Social Security, and the National Debt goes up, then when they shuffle securities back into Social Security, the Debt goes down. Or Medicare may need to borrow against the securities to cover short term payouts, so the Debt goes down, and when Medicare pays it back, the Debt goes back up.

On another note, today I leaned from Nancy Pelosi that Trump hasn't created any jobs, and cannot create any jobs, unless and until he proposes a job bill.

Reactions: RoadTime

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well according to Nancy and others in Washington nothing can happen in the US without a bill being passed.

Reactions: Turtle

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's not really even a blip, per se. The National Debt, and the Budget, are still on Obama's time clock. and will remain so until Congress authorizes any new appropriations.

The government has a snotload of intragovernment holdings, which are Government Account Series (GAS) securities held by government trust funds, revolving funds and special funds. Intragovernmental debt is incurred when the government borrows from federal trust funds to help fund current operations. It's like short term paper (loans) that businesses use to meet payroll, or in trucking, factoring. Only with intragovernmental debt it's all in-house, shuffled on paper back and forth as necessary, and consists mostly of the Medicare Trust Fund, the Social Security Trust Fund, Federal Financing Bank Securities. The amount in the holdings is about $5.5 trillion, give or take.

They shuffle money around as often as once a month, but usually once a quarter. When they do, the National Debt can rise or fall anywhere from $5-$25 billion at a time. Like, they may borrow $20 billion from Social Security, and the National Debt goes up, then when they shuffle securities back into Social Security, the Debt goes down. Or Medicare may need to borrow against the securities to cover short term payouts, so the Debt goes down, and when Medicare pays it back, the Debt goes back up.

On another note, today I leaned from Nancy Pelosi that Trump hasn't created any jobs, and cannot create any jobs, unless and until he proposes a job bill.
That was the same thing with OBama...he got stuck with over a trillion dollars of Bush expenditures as well....every President does...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
that speech last night should ease quite a few citizens...except for news outlets like CNN and the Nancy's of the world trying to scare people to fit their own agenda....truth is money will be spent, he will be shifting money from one column to another to make it appear more balanced...more debt will be incurred before the government sees any return on the changes...so they will be all over him for increasing debt...

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
that speech last night should ease quite a few citizens...except for news outlets like CNN and the Nancy's of the world trying to scare people to fit their own agenda....truth is money will be spent, he will be shifting money from one column to another to make it appear more balanced...more debt will be incurred before the government sees any return on the changes...so they will be all over him for increasing debt...

Yeah, no doubt the debt is going to increase and media will be all over this.. But instead of handouts and band-aids, in the big picture, there should be a return on this investment in America. Like we say, it takes money to make money :D

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Nancy and Chuck are both senile. I couldn't believe all the Democrats sat there pouting, with the classic, "Oh, yeah? I'll shoe YOU!" display. Children, every one of them.

Most of the folks at CNN were realistic about the speech, except Christ Cuomo, who picked apart everything Trump said and either dismissed it as garbage, or painted it in the most negative light. Then he went on to complain that Pence was going to be on all the news shows today EXCEPT CNN. CNN invited Pence and Trump to be on the air, and they declined, so Cuomo whined about that and took it out on Trump.

He's still stuck on the media being the enemy of the people, despite Trump not saying that, and in Trump's speech where he talked about the area at the border being "lawless chaos," Cuomo immediately applied that phrase as Trump meaning ALL immigration and immigrants are lawless chaos. What a moron.

People complained Trump wasn't being presidential. Well, presidential they got. I thought he did great. Stock Market approved, that's for sure.

His morning Tweet today?

"Thank you"

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Trump did say that he wanted to move towards a merit-based immigration. I agree. I think the question asked of prospective immigrants should be...

Ask not what our country and do for you, but that can you do for our country!

On a side note, the Republicans have had 7 years to come up with an Obamacare replacement. Then, Trump campaigned for 18 months on Repeal and Replace - Day ONE. Then he won.

And the Republicans have got nothing.

Un-be-friggin-lievable.

And NOW, because they all got hammered at home in the town halls, and they don 't want to go through THAT again, they're pushing for something, ANYTHING to get passed to replace Obamacare. Morons, the lot of them.

Obamacare is so big, so invasive, and touches the lives of every citizen every day, it should have been voted on and ratified like a Constitutional Amendment (but that would have taken bipartisan support). Instead, it was rammed down the throats of the American people by a single political party. The Republicans are sorely mistaken if they think they can ram the fix for Obamacare down the throats of the American people in the same way, because the fix will be just as bad as the original. This is going to take both political parties working together to fix it.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Incidentally, another thought....

When someone tries to refute the deportation of illegal immigrants, saying immigrants commit fewer crimes than do Americans, so we shouldn't deport ALL illegal immigrants, just slap 'em. Seriously, Maybe it will knock some sense into them. It is true that illegal immigrants (including those who overstay their visas) tend to lay low and keep their noses clean, thus committing fewer crimes, my response is, so what?

Let's say that 100 Americans commit 30 crimes (keeping the math simple). And 100 illegal immigrants commit only 10 crimes.

If they weren't here illegally, we'd have 10 few crimes.

Another way to look at it is, let's say a family of 10 field mice move into the walls of your house. Mice are cute little things. I had a bunch of them as pets when I was a kid (my mom tolerated it, amazingly). But one of those mice keeps getting into the pantry and eating the cereal. Ah, well, it's just the one. The kids eat more cereal than that little guy does. Let them all stay.

Shyeah, right.

Reactions: muttly

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
Incidentally, another thought....

When someone tries to refute the deportation of illegal immigrants, saying immigrants commit fewer crimes than do Americans, so we shouldn't deport ALL illegal immigrants, just slap 'em. Seriously, Maybe it will knock some sense into them. It is true that illegal immigrants (including those who overstay their visas) tend to lay low and keep their noses clean, thus committing fewer crimes, my response is, so what?

Let's say that 100 Americans commit 30 crimes (keeping the math simple). And 100 illegal immigrants commit only 10 crimes.

If they weren't here illegally, we'd have 10 few crimes.

Another way to look at it is, let's say a family of 10 field mice move into the walls of your house. Mice are cute little things. I had a bunch of them as pets when I was a kid (my mom tolerated it, amazingly). But one of those mice keeps getting into the pantry and eating the cereal. Ah, well, it's just the one. The kids eat more cereal than that little guy does. Let them all stay.

Shyeah, right.
Think 100 and only 10 is wrong 100 are here and forgot to get the proper paperwork that meen all 100 are breaking the law

Reactions: aquitted