EO App on Android

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Anyone else have trouble with the EO app on Android?
It started today 2/18/17. When I open the app, after the advertisement, it wants me to log in. I am already logged in. Then, if I don't log in(hit the back button) or put in my password, the screen just stays with the loading circle and no threads can be opened.
And whether I log in or not, it shows me logged in.

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I have same problem...deleted reinstalled, can't connect to network (says it's the log in server)

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Mine was doing the same then after about an hour I checked again and it worked.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just a heads up, seems all push notifications default to on. Need to go shut them off if there not wanted. Just my humble opinion the default should be off.

Reactions: ntimevan

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Just my humble opinion the default should be off.
I agree wholeheartedly. I pretty sure, but not positive, that default notifications in the EO app are set by Tapatalk, which are always set to ON even after every update. I think about the only apps that should default to ON are text messaging apps, voice mail apps, etc.

I also believe that the default signature for forum apps should be NONE.

Reactions: xiggi

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have always gone directly back to the unread threads when I open the app. Now some times it starts at trending and sometimes at unread. I prefer starting at unread as I never look at trending.

Not logging in or out each time, just opening and closing the app.

JoshM

Administrator
Staff member
I have always gone directly back to the unread threads when I open the app. Now some times it starts at trending and sometimes at unread. I prefer starting at unread as I never look at trending.

Not logging in or out each time, just opening and closing the app.

Unfortunately there's no way to change that for just one user, but we do have the ability to change the order of the tabs and what is the default tab for everyone. Trending is currently the default tab and it's supposed to always open to that if you've closed it. That being said, once we get this next update out I'm going to go back and re-evaluate our tabs and orders and I'll certainly consider moving Unread to default.

Reactions: Greg