Sprinter Van Freight

equipmentexpediters

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Great information from everyone. My question is : What type of freight should I go after for Direct Accounts. I mean I know of course Pallets / LTL. What about small parcel? What would be a decent mileage rate to charge

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would think a one van operation would have a difficult time recruiting direct customers, unless you do local P & D. Today even large carriers don't have that many "direct customers" (shippers). Many of their customers are 3PLs.

Reactions: JCH and ntimevan

silvermanblue

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Are transits where its at? In the market for a van and I was considering A savanna or express. I know the Trannys have the gm vans beat with cargo room. I was also considering those Nissan NV2500's. I am hoping currently to get in with a carrier and drive company for a while.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
i would go with a 170 or 170E sprinter, taller and longer haul more freight than other van's
plus we have some great deal's on 2016 while they last or go with 2017
sent pm and phone number ans, any question you have

Reactions: Moot

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sprinters can haul less weight than the right Promaster or transit. They will also most likely cost more to keep on the road than the gas version of the other two. It would be hard to argue that a sprinter is the way to go.

JCH

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
Cost of operating a vehicle is a mathematical fact salesman or not
Personally I would like to hear that discussion so I could make up my mind being on the forums and reading about str8 v van has shown me that the profits of either are close

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: ntimevan

JCH

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
Lol
yes I have and they are skilled at making there product seem the best but it still remains true that math always works when use properly
Keep in mind they are all very close in cost of operation and to make a good deal you must be able to get out also

JCH

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
Geo knows that sprinter holds it value better than the others and he will stand on that for his sales pitch I think ... how say you geo???

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Can't wait and see on the 2018 sprinters. Heard that the Def system will be in the motor. I've thought about calling NJ soon and asking questions about it and asking will the Def will hold up?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Geo knows that sprinter holds it value better than the others and he will stand on that for his sales pitch I think ... how say you geo???

So after 4 years and 400 thousand miles you get 5 grand for the sprinter and 4 grand for the PM? I truly like my sprinter but I am also well aware of the cost. Not sure what a replacement engine for an ecoboost would be but I wouldn't be suprised if it's no more than what an exhaust system would cost on a sprinter. The thought of a dpf system buried in the engine would scare the bejesus out of me. Oil changes alone over 400 thousand miles you would spend 3 to 4 grand less on a gasser over the sprinter.

JCH

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
Haha

I'm a Ford van guy myself I hear what you're saying on maintenance cost but I'm still a little jealous when I here low to mid 20s on fuel mileage while loaded

Sent from my iPhone 7plus