OTR Expedite Independent Contractor Fleet Owner
|Company:||FedEx Custom Critical|
|Driver type:||Small Fleet|
|Job type:||Over the Road|
|Miles per week:||...|
|Compensation:||Choose your loads, premiums paid for New York City, Canada, and Hazmat, fuel surcharge paid on all authorized miles.|
|Bonus:||Sign-on, fleet growth, safe service, and referral incentives available.|
Apply to FedEx Custom Critical
Take the next step in your trucking career today! Complete our safe, secure, and fast application process and apply to FedEx Custom Critical! Once you've completed your driver profile you can apply to additional truck driving jobs with a single click!
Required fields have been highlighted.
About This Job at FedEx Custom Critical
FedEx Custom Critical has over-the-road (OTR) contracting opportunities for tractor, straight truck, and reefer independent contractors. We are looking for professional and business-minded fleet owners and owner-operators committed to delivering outstanding service. If you own/lease a commercial straight truck or tractor with a DOT compliant sleeper berth, or have plans to purchase one, contact us to learn about your opportunity as an independent contractor.
As North America's largest time-specific, critical-shipment carrier, FedEx Custom Critical offers contractors excellent earning potential. Our fleet consists of 100 percent independent contractors who provide pickups and deliveries in commercial straight trucks and tractors.
To learn more about independent contractor opportunities with FedEx Custom Critical, please call 800.850.4534 or visit https:/calendly.com/drivefedex to schedule a 15 minute phone call with a Contractor Sourcing Specialist right now.
WHY SHOULD YOU CONTRACT WITH FEDEX CUSTOM CRITICAL?
• You run your own business.
• Over-the-road opportunities with no forced dispatch.
• Most shipments are no-touch freight.
• You have the freedom to choose your layover destination.
• Dedicated Nationwide sales force drives more freight opportunities.
• Additional freight opportunities available for drivers with specialized qualifications or equipment.
• Discounts available from vendors on fuel, tires, truck equipment and more.
• Password-protected website provides information you need to manage your business, view your load history and more.
• A load board, which allows you the flexibility to choose the loads you want to take.
• Fuel tax reports.
• Optional in-cab scanners available for purchase.
• Contractor lounge at our headquarters.
COMPENSATION & INCENTIVES
• Sign-on and referral incentives available.
• Fleet growth incentives.
• Weekly settlements with direct deposit.
• Annual $1,000 branding incentive available.
• Toll assistance on loaded and unloaded miles.
• Premiums paid for New York City, Canada, and Hazmat.
• Fuel surcharge paid on all authorized miles.
• Awards and incentives for great customer service and safe driving.
• Annual Elite Fleet Award - This award goes to the top 40 vehicle owners in the fleet each year, based on availability, load acceptance, on-time service and accident-free driving. The winners receive an all-expenses-paid trip with an awards gala in their honor.
WE ARE AN EXPEDITE INDUSTRY LEADER WITH IN-HOUSE STAFF DEDICATED TO YOU:
• Our Dispatchers work with you to get freight for your truck and can help get day-to-day questions answered.
• Our Contractor Relations department deals exclusively with our fleet, from negotiating discounts available to you as a FedEx Custom Critical contractor, to answering questions about your lease agreement.
• Our Safety department is dedicated to ensuring we have the safest fleet possible. And our Contractor Settlements team ensures you are paid weekly and on time.
• Speak to a fleet planner 24/7/365 or use our The Voice Response Unit (VRU) to access the information you need to run your business.
• The owner-operator extranet is a website exclusive to our fleet. This password-protected site gives you instant access to your personal fleet information.
• We keep you up to date with company and industry information with weekly email updates, fleet messages sent directly to the truck, fleet meetings and conference calls with management, and letters with important announcements from the home office.
AVAILABLE CONTRACTOR DISCOUNTS:
• Tires - Bridgestone, Goodyear, Speedco, Michelin, and Yokohama
• Fuel - available at major truck stops
• Parts and Service
• Cell phone service and CB radios
• Hotels - available at 10 different hotels, 1,500 locations
• American Truck Business Services
We have general minimum driver requirements for our fleet's safety and compliance:
• Own or lease a commercial straight truck or tractor with a DOT compliant sleeper berth
• A proper class CDL
• Minimum 21 years of age
• Minimum six months of verifiable experience for tractors
• Able to pass a Department of Transportation physical and drug test
• Ability to meet our Safety Standards
In order to contract with or drive for a contractor of FedEx Custom Critical, you must meet certain other eligibility requirements. Learn more about our qualifications and specifications on our website.
Driver Types Hired
- Small Fleet
Equipment Types Hired
Equipment Experience Accepted
- Straight Truck
- Dry Van
CDL Classes Accepted
- Class A
- Class B
Expediting Experience Required?No, we do not require that applicants have expediting experience.
|Bonuses for extra pickups & dropoffs:||Yes|
Hiring Area By State
- District of Columbia
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
|Min. driver age:||21|
|Min. driving experience:||0 months|
|Hire a driver who has had their license suspended or revoked:||No|
|Hire a driver with a DWI or DUI:||No|
General Program Offerings
|Spouse rider program:||Yes|
|Child rider program:||No|