You Wannabes Out There

G

Hey all you big truck wannabes out there in your little expediting straight trucks and vans, why dont you learn how to drive?!!!! Four times today I had one of you bozos either cut me off or jump in front of me so that I had to lock up the wheels. For all you grandpa and grandma types out there in your FL70's with the condos on the back try to remember that ain't a motor home you're in, it's a commercial vehicle a it's supposed to be driven by a professional driver! Do they require CDL's for you clowns in those little wannabe trucks? Reckon not cause most of you can't drive or maybe you're in such a hurry to deliver your hi-pay "hot freight" that you figure traffic laws and courtesy don't apply to you. Just remember that this big truck I'm in is a real truck with a lot of weight on it and the next time one of you jump into my lane right in front of me I might not be able to stop in time and there's gonna be one less expeediteer.

You've been warned!

G

hey hammer down sounds like maybe your the one speeding up when you see one of us trying to use your lane maybe your right maybe there is some little trucks out there that have no bussiness been on the road but i see big trucks following cars way to close everyday just think for a second what if that was your family in that car there are cellular phones everywere that can dial 911 in seconds i myself been a ex police officer seen accidents first hand and i have to tell you when a big truck is involve someone is going to die so quit your bitching and be carefull or you could have a early retirement from trucking take care.

G

well now that we are all peeing ower pants in fear of the dreded HAMMER . Im willing to go way out on a limb and sugest that the Hammer may be exagerating just a little bit , But I could be wrong , mabey he did lock up the wheels (all 18 of em ) 4 times today and not jack nife, if this really happend I would sugest switching to decafe for awile. In the mean time I would like to start a tire fund for the hammer because we have caused him to flat spot his tires on 4 sides and now his truck is easly identified by the loud and ever presant CURFLOP ,CURFLOP, CURFLOP,of those now square tires that I feel so bad about . in the future hammer when we cut you off 4 times in a day you may want to use the foot pedal instead of pulling out the yellow buton on the dash . Any way where do we send the Hammer tire fund checks to ? Thanks all Otis C (waiting for my cyber ##### kicking)

G

Hey Hammer!!!!! If you've had that many bad experiences in one day maybe you should look in the mirror. Somethings causing you to be too defensive....could it be YOU trying to hurry too much, or eat while driving or concentrating on the CB too much. Are you the driver that forced me out of the right lane into the guard rail on I-94 in Michigan on 01-08-00 @ 4:45 PM? (Then get on the radio and laugh about it). I am a professional driver--I do my loads in a safe, efficient manner--I am the one that stays in the right lane except to pass and I don't go over the speed limit except to be safe with the flow of traffic. Yes we are in a smaller truck but we are in a class by ourselves...one I wouldn't trade to be in your shoes.
cj

G

after the replys i think your ears are burning like your tires.
poor baby!

G

p.s.
is your real problem the fact your running your butt off and not making big bucks?

G

hammerdown, you must be one of them fresh out of school dumbies that think you know everything, you are probley the one that thinks they own the road and that everone else should get out of your way. ha, you have a lot to learn cracker head,and you will one of these years down the road if you live that long be one of the grandpas or grandma's driveing down the road trying to make a living just like they are. so butt head ,keep your rented truck in the right lane,stay off the c b, keep both hands on the wheel, and most of all keep your bigggg mouth SHUT.your the wannabe,driving somebody else rig for 20 cents a mile.ha ha ha ha ha. your a joke!!!!!!!!

G

Hey, for your info, if we wanted to be in a "big" truck like you, we could. Fact is I have a class A CDL and drove one for years. Sounds to me like you're one of those hot dogs who like to drive above the speed limit and have the road all to yourself because you are really insecure in your ability to handle the rig. Or maybe, you're jealous because we make more money than you do. Why do you think we got out of the "real" trucks?

G

Yeah, Yeah, I hear all of you wannabe's and neverwas's talking out there. I wish I had a dime for every one of you expeediteers out there that have told me your life history in a truckstop about how you used to drive a big truck or how you had to get into expeediting to make the "really" big money. I'd be willing to bet if any of you ever drove a real truck before you probably had to give it up because it scared you so! "Oh my, how will I ever handle that big long trailer behind me? And what do I do if I have to drive in the snow or rain in this monster truck? I know, I'll get out of this real truck, and get me one of those cute little straight trucks and haul that "hot freight" into the car plants and such!" Or how about, "Ma, now that I'm retired, let's you and me get us a motor home or......even better, let's get us one of them there expeediteer trucks! Why, we can see the country and get paid for it. Now Ma, you'll have to get a CDL too, but don't worry, I'll do all the driving. All you'll have to do is keep the passenger seat warm and every once in a while wake up and ask me if I'm getting sleepy yet."

As far as the money goes, I'll bet whatever you're grossing goes into trying to keep those baby Freightliners on the road, you know, the city trucks with the big sleepers that should be delivering furniture or appliances, not out here on the big road with the real freight hauling vehicles. And whatever money is leftover will go to your kids after you pull another one of your bonehead traffic moves and a big truck runs you over.

G

Well Hammer, what part of my resume would you like to see, I have no problem giving my "big rig" history and financial reports - then my get smart about driving for free days ended and I drive my "wannabe" just fine for a GREAT profit. I would have addressed this to you personally , HOWEVER, you were obivously either <a> too computer illiterate to leave your email or too scared <c> your mommy wouldnt approve of the type of message you use <d> too stupid to remember .................. and you final answer is?

Join us for the response on our next edition of <music> Who wants to be an underpaid Big Rigger? <music> ROFLMAO

G

Sounds like the Hammer Down Clowns shorts are too tight,they are cutting off the oxygen to his brain..His I.Q. gets two points lower and we'll have to take turns watering him twice a week..If he's a truck driver I can make a Swiss Watch with a sledgehammer..The only thing sadder than him acting like some brat is all the attention paid to this babble. If he's that stressed out maybe he should consider another occupation like "Do you want fries with that"???? I thought we were getting away from that cb type crap on here but it seems to have follwed,how sad..Have a good day..

fijiman

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
First of all, the way the frieght is running now, the only place you saw four X trucks is in the truck stop. There isn't enough frieght for four X trucks to be where you are hammer head.

Hammer

Expert Expediter
Now why would you call me a cracker head? Are you one of those blacks who thinks that white people owe you something?

G

I have never drove 18, but hubby did for many years and he has instructed me well. I truly don't see the problem is only the expiditers but it is the breed of drivers on the road today 18, 6 or 4. We are all suppost to be professionals out here and I see so little of it on the road. Courtsey is a thing of the past. And truly that is a very sad statement, truck drivers used to be the Knight of the Highway, now we are reguarded as a nessary nuience. We need to get back to the days of courtsey and care we used to show oneanother on the road and we will all be alot happier.

G

Well Hammerdown; guess you don't want to here my stories? You have as much responsiblities as we do! Evedently,you must have used your bright lights to courtiously let us back in front of you! But no maybe you couldn't stand to see a little truck pass you, so you might have sped-up like a 4 wheeler! I've lost count of how many times larger trucks have done this,when using my cruise control, making me go 10-15 mph faster than i was traveling,just to get by you! It's not a perfect world, and traffic is getting heavier,day 2 day,and it's up 2 all of us to survive each day, and not put each other in the ditch! If you must speed? speed safely! It works both ways!