Wisconsin Recount: Day 2

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The recount in Wisconsin is well underway, and they are doing daily updates to chart the progress. (Well, they post it in an Excel xlsx spreadsheet. Do your own chart.)

Clinton Gains 3 Votes!

After Day 2, we see that Hillary Clinton has gained 89 votes in some counties, but lost 86 votes in other counties, but that's a net gain of 3 importantly critical votes!

Trump has only gained 98 votes in some counties, but lost a whopping 92 votes in other counties, for a net gain of just a measely 6 votes.

(see what I did there? I'm playing the role of the MSM)

The net net: Trump +3

Tell Auntie Em to let Old Yeller out, this is a game changer, folks.

Reactions: Moot

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
And they spent how much? Well you know they only are thinking about us common folk. Smh

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The recount in Wisconsin is well underway, and they are doing daily updates to chart the progress. (Well, they post it in an Excel xlsx spreadsheet. Do your own chart.)

Clinton Gains 3 Votes!

After Day 2, we see that Hillary Clinton has gained 89 votes in some counties, but lost 86 votes in other counties, but that's a net gain of 3 importantly critical votes!

Trump has only gained 98 votes in some counties, but lost a whopping 92 votes in other counties, for a net gain of just a measely 6 votes.

ZFacepalm.jpg

Reactions: ntimevan

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
When I read that Stein and Co. dropped the Pennsylvania recount challenge because the good people of Pennsylvania " 'are regular citizens of ordinary means' and cannot afford the $1 million bond ordered by the court by 5 p.m. Monday" to secure the recount, I face-palmed and laughed at the same time.

Reactions: RoadTime and Ragman

blackpup

Veteran Expediter
Just wondering if the vote recount , is not just a way of swaying the Electoral College vote.

jimmy

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Conceding the election does not supersede the actual vote totals. A concession has no legal standing. It's a face-saving political tactic. It won't be a dun deal until the Electors cast their votes and those votes are read to Congress.

So far there are 7 reported Electors who say they won't vote for Trump. If they can just convince 31 more to do the same, then Trump will come up short of the 270 needed to win. If that happens, the vote will go to the House of Representatives where they will vote to determine who will be president. They would have to decide amongst the top three votes getters, Trump, Clinton and Stein.

Of course, the House is currently controlled by the Republicans.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
"It should be the popular vote! The popular vote is what matters most! This is a Democracy!!!"

Yeah, well, the left is screaming that... because they lost. They couldn't care less about Democracy - they only care about getting their way, getting what they want.

Case in point, California Proposition 8. It was on the ballot and it passed, by a wide margin. 52.24% to 47.76%, with a really high voter turnout (and thus an honest representation) of 79.42%.

Interesting that if you look at the state county map of the voting how it closely mirrors that the United States at large, where the NO votes (liberal) came clustered along the coast in the more densely populated areas, and the YES votes (conservative) came from everywhere else.

500px-CA2008Prop8.svg.png

If the liberals could have their way, both in California and in the USA at large, we'll be living in the Middle Ages where vast amounts of land and people are ruled by densely populated and cloistered city-states.

In the case of Proposition 8, they lost big time, and if Democracy had mattered they would have accepted it and moved on. But that didn't happen. Instead, they threw a hissy fit and filed appeals in any court that would listen, and kept on appealing until they finally found a judge (or more accurately, 2 out of 3 judges) who agreed with them. So in the end, a 3 judge panel took it upon themselves to overrule the will of the people, to void Democracy. And those who scream the loudest that Democracy is what matters most are the ones who dismissed it utterly in favor of getting their way.

What was Proposition 8? It created a California Constitutional amendment prohibiting same-sex marriage.

So the next time some bedwetting snowflake tells you we need to get rid of the Electoral College and the popular vote should determine the President, point out the rank hypocrisy of the Democracy of Proposition 8. <snort>

Reactions: RoadTime

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Clinton Gains 3 Votes!

The net total is very small, but Clinton gaining 89 votes and losing 86 votes seems odd to me.As well as Trump's votes. Like there are a lot of errors.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When I voted at my precinct, I had a paper ballot. I filled out my ballot and went up to the machine. But before I put it in, I mentioned to the clerk that I may have made a mistake. I explained to him that I voted on the partisan ballot ( straight ticket) but mistakenly filled out one candidate pick on the partisan ballot as well.(double vote) The clerk by the machine said to put it in and it would accept or reject if done properly. It accepted it so no problem. So I don't know why ballots are being rejected in the recount if the machine is programmed to detect errors.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Reactions: muttly and RoadTime

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The totals show for day 6:
Trump has lost 429 votes
Trump has gained 568 votes
Clinton has lost 405 votes
Clinton has gained 546 votes

Trump has gained a net of 139 votes
Clinton has gained a net of 141 votes

Clinton has gained a net of 2 votes after 6 days.

Reactions: muttly and RoadTime

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The recount is more than 70 percent complete in Wisconsin, and Clinton has gained just 82 votes on Trump, who won the state by more than 22,000 votes. The Wisconsin Elections Commission reported Wednesday that 34 of 72 counties had completed their work and that the others are on track to finish by next week's deadline. More than 2.1 million votes out of the nearly 3 million cast have been recounted.

“Because there is no basis for this court to ignore the Michigan court’s ruling and make an independent judgment regarding what the Michigan Legislature intended by the term ‘aggrieved,’ plaintiffs have not shown an entitlement to a recount under Michigan’s statutory scheme."

"The issues that plaintiffs raise are serious indeed,” Judge Goldsmith said. “The vulnerability of our system of voting poses the threat of a potentially devastating attack on the integrity of our election system. But invoking a court’s aid to remedy that problem in the manner plaintiffs have chosen — seeking a recount as an audit of the election to test whether the vulnerability led to actual compromise of the voting system — has never been endorsed by any court and would require, at a minimum, evidence of significant fraud or mistake — and not speculative fear of them. Such evidence has not been presented here.”

Boom

On a side note, for those who think their vote matters and think the vote counts are accurate, there has never been a recount where the recounted votes exactly match that of the original count. The only way to get 100% accurate vote counts is to have the counts done by bank tellers and have the tellers believe that each vote is a $100 bill they are responsible for. Oh, they'll be accurate then.

Trump won Michigan by about 10,700 votes over Clinton. The recount has been stopped in Michigan. A US Federal Judge ruled that, while Stein raised serious issues about the integrity of Michigan's election system, her concerns offered were "speculative claims" and "not actual injury," and thus doesn't qualify as an "aggrieved" candidate under Michigan law.

In Pennsylvania, Stein hasn't produced evidence of hacking, but calls Pennsylvania's election system "a national disgrace." Election officials updated the state's vote count to show that Trump's lead over Clinton had shrunk to about 44,000 out of more than 6 million votes cast, still far short of the 0.5 percent trigger (30,000 difference) for an automatic statewide recount. A state spokeswoman said 15 provisional ballots remained uncounted. U.S. District Judge Paul Diamond in Philadelphia on Tuesday scheduled a hearing Friday, Dec 9, on Stein's request for a recount. The federal deadline for certifying the votes is Tuesday, Dec 13. So, good luck with that.

In Nevada, a partial recount is underway at the request of De La Fuente, who finished last with a fraction of 1 percent of the vote. He paid about $14,000 for the recount to provide what he called a counterbalance to the recounts sought by Stein. Most of the 92 precincts being re-counted are in the Las Vegas area, with eight of the precincts in four other counties. If the sample shows a discrepancy of at least 1 percent for De La Fuente or Clinton, a full recount will be launched in all 17 Nevada counties. The current partial recount should be completed by Fri, Dec 9th.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Final tally of the Wisconsin recount:
Trump picks up a net 162 votes.

Meanwhile, 10 Electors (9 Democrats, 1 Republican, bedwetters all) have written a public letter demanding the Intelligence Community brief them on the extent of the Russian hack and Trump's campaign involvement. In addition, they are demanding that Trump and his staff conclusively prove something they did not do (engage in conspiracy with the Russians in the hacking). And furthermore, Trump is to disavow and repudiate such collaboration that did not happen, just to be sure.

In other news, Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
"...one precinct where a Detroit ballot box contained only 50 of the 306 ballots listed in a poll book..."

Well, that's certainly one way for a candidate to overwhelmingly win a precinct. <snort>

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
"...one precinct where a Detroit ballot box contained only 50 of the 306 ballots listed in a poll book..."

Well, that's certainly one way for a candidate to overwhelmingly win a precinct. <snort>

I wonder what possibly could have happened with the other 256 ballots

d53251c2d922ce873355732e2d563454.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums