Who like the Budwiser Duel?

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
I saw the race thursday, and I wasnt to thrilled. I love the new cars, but I dont know if the 500 will be a good one?

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I like the new cars. I think the drivers like them and that's going to make the races better. The 500 could be a wreckfest until they learn the aero characteristics of the new cars. Denny Hamlin has an interview on Nascar.com that explains the challenges they face.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I would love to see her win, just to see and hear all the grumbling..lol. Can you imagine? Lol...it would be hilarious. I do think she will pull off a win at some point. Maybe at a road course?

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Yeah...I don't know either. I don't even consider what they should or shouldn't do. I just watch the show.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Read an article about why she divorced her hubby. I don't think of the wimps shes driving against want to mess with her. There's a penalty for early withdrawel.

I don't understand why they just don't let them go with unlimited power and let the best man win. Why have a 500 mile race when they only race for the last 5 laps.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I don't understand why they just don't let them go with unlimited power and let the best man win.
Because people would die. Drivers would be in the most danger, but if you turned them loose unlimited, you would see cars in the stands and everywhere else.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
hey purgoose, i didnt read the article or know anything about it? what all did it say and what all happen with her marriage?

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
hey purgoose, i didnt read the article or know anything about it? what all did it say and what all happen with her marriage?

I'm trying to find the article. It's in one of the motorsports magazines I was reading. When I find it I'll forward it. Anyway make a short story short, she doesn't put up with anything and she's really one sided and a little mean. You know the old saying dinamite comes in small packages.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Because people would die. Drivers would be in the most danger, but if you turned them loose unlimited, you would see cars in the stands and everywhere else.

I don't think they'd go much faster but it would break up the pack. As far as the fans, the seating has been that far from the track since they started racing, maybe they should pull them back away from the fence. As far as drivers, well they die at 200 what's the difference?

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I don't think they'd go much faster but it would break up the pack. As far as the fans, the seating has been that far from the track since they started racing, maybe they should pull them back away from the fence. As far as drivers, well they die at 200 what's the difference?
I don't think you give them enough credit. If they were unlimited...it would get scary. At 200+ mph, how far are they going to have to push the stands back? The next county?

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I don't think you give them enough credit. If they were unlimited...it would get scary. At 200+ mph, how far are they going to have to push the stands back? The next county?

Thats a question that maybe asked soon.. Early reports at least 5 fans hurt in todays race.Some as far back in upper deck I beleive..Nasty car isnt reporting anything yet as to injurys to fans or drivers as of 5pm.

Crazy wreck..The live broadcast had a much better veiw of the car going into the
fence.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series | NASCAR.com

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Yeah, I was watching. They will be very lucky if no deaths today. I'm listening to Sirius radio now.

They kind of proved my point...wish they hadn't though.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
They are being eerily (sp?) Quiet about it. No updates still. They are dancing around the subject on Sirius.

I think they just said something about a Mike Helton announcement coming soon. I was reading EO and only caught part of it.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
I'm trying to find the article. It's in one of the motorsports magazines I was reading. When I find it I'll forward it. Anyway make a short story short, she doesn't put up with anything and she's really one sided and a little mean. You know the old saying dinamite comes in small packages.

I'll tell you what purgoose, I sure would like to try to tame that little thing.:) And she is dinamite,lol.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Nascar is not going to turn them loose. They would be reaching 230mph+. Nascar will keep the cars under 200mph. I hope no one got hurt or realy hurt bad today.