Which load boards actually have sprinter loads?

Napechnik

New Recruit
I just got my mc authority and it seems like all the load boards have loads over my capacity. Even if they do have loads under 3500 pounds there's only a small fraction of them. I don't know if I'm looking at the wrong ones, but I really do not want to go through bunch of load boards to get to the decent one and end up spending a ton of money on subscriptions and waste a lot of time. If you guys could steer me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Why did you set up your own company if you don't even know where you are getting loads from? Most load boards are for tractor trailers but you might be able to find something by searching partial loads. Just be sure to ask the broker if a dock high vehicle is needed since that can be an issue for older buildings. The clear choice is to sign on with a company that is already established and gather knowledge. You're trying to run before you can walk.

Napechnik

New Recruit
Forgot to mention, I currently work with several brokers. The reason why I want to use a load board is because I want to actually see beforehand where the loads are going and how many etc...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Expedited loads are by definition emergency freight. You don't put emergency freight on a load board in the hopes that someone will see it. You make a phone call or send an email or notify potential carriers in some other way that you have a load that needs to be covered right now. Any expedited loads that do did their way to a load board won't be there for more than a few minutes.

Napechnik

New Recruit
Thanks, that was helpful. I heard sylectus is very helpful for expediters. Any info about that website?

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Thanks, that was helpful. I heard sylectus is very helpful for expediters. Any info about that website?

If you don't have 10 vehicles on with your company then you don't qualify to use them. Have you tried to contact any of the bigger expedite companies about covering overflow?

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Those companies will have loads that they can't cover that they offer to other companies. It will not be an easy process and you will face multiple bid turn downs but you just have to keep going.

Napechnik

New Recruit
Definitely sounds like something I'd like to explore. Are you talking about company's like Fedex Custom Critical and Panther?

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Yes. Depending on your status and MC# history you may bid for months before they bother using your company. That's if they will even work with you.

Napechnik

New Recruit
Well I just got my MC certified several days so that's working against me since I really don't have any history. My status seems ok I guess. Sounds like I'm better off to hand out my business cards to shippers and hope someone calls me back.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Well I just got my MC certified several days so that's working against me since I really don't have any history. My status seems ok I guess. Sounds like I'm better off to hand out my business cards to shippers and hope someone calls me back.

With a new MC# you will find it tough to get anyone to do business with you. The sit and hope method probably won't be very effective.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Why not just lease to a carrier and learn the business first? A one man show is a tough one to sell.

Napechnik

New Recruit
I'm staying fairly busy now with the brokers I'm working with its just that I want to expand my business, possibly get more sprinters. That's why having an access to a load board would be paramount to me.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I have, they working through Sylectus.
Sylectus is mostly overflow. If there were actual expedite load boards out there, don't you think those brokers would be using those instead? The reality is, unlike the load boards out there in general trucking, expediting doesn't have those.

Napechnik

New Recruit
Seems like these various load boards out there will not do me any good. Gonna have to just stick to my brokers and cold call big companies for overflow...

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Seems like these various load boards out there will not do me any good. Gonna have to just stick to my brokers and cold call big companies for overflow...

I booked some loads off of load boards when I was running a van. It's not as easy as regular truck load stuff but you can get enough to make it worth the cost. I had one that I booked from western PA down to AL that paid a little over a $1/mile. It was a box that took up less than a square foot and was like 10lbs. It's not a massive amount but it paid the monthly subscription for awhile. I just missed out on one that paid $4/mile because I got distracted, very annoying. The loads are there but you won't be booking one everyday.