Which companies are a better fit for solo straight truck driver?

bigdumbdog

New Recruit
I have another thread on this forum where I asked this question but it's kind of buried in the other question I was asking, so I thought I would give it it's own thread.

I'm looking for advice on which companies are a better fir for a solo newbie expeditor straight truck fleet driver (I know teams make more money but still looking to go solo). CDL-B years of experience doing local Chicago driving, clean record, have passport, Hazmat eligible (Had it in past, just decided not to renew it this year when it came up for renewal), no home time issue. Thanks guys.

Reactions: neilblack

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
I also sent a message to you. Thanks!

Tobster317

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I work for the above company and they keep me busy. Just a few problems when you get out of the frieght lanes. I don't say no to any frieght so I wind up in some out of the way places sometimes.

Reactions: BIGTRAIN

Videodrome

Seasoned Expediter
I have the same question. I have OTR T/T experience and previously did expediting in a Cargo Van for Tri-State. I still have a Class A, but I'm just sick of driving large combination vehicles and the shortage of parking. Also, most of my experience is from Automatic Trucks, even in semis.

Most people here say there are to many Vans/Sprinters or not enough van sized freight so maybe I should research this more before getting back in expediting. I don't have the money to own a truck, so I'd also be looking to run under a fleet owner.

Tobster317

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
You mite have to team. A lot of fleet owners want teams. ES has solo drivers with PTL and they have another company that I think has solo drivers also.

Stxredneck

Active Expediter
Driver
I'm in the same situation
I have my class A but want to run a straight truck. I don't have anyone to team with and all the owners I talk to tell me if they find someone in my area they will let me know.
I have 4 years local TT experience just wanting to drive a ST.

Tobster317

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
They run trucks for PTL and I think Road Runner. They are solo drivers. Fed ex and Panther are teams if I remember right

smokeybandit23

New Recruit
Researching
Heard good things about R+L Carriers. I can think of a few more. Shoot me a PM if you want more ideas, links, etc.