whats the going rate?

Tobster317

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I can say I wouldn't take anything less than $1.20 per mile plus a FSC for a str8 truck. You have to see what company you are looking at, call them they will tell you.

Tobster317

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
2007 Hino 338. Single Alxe 33K weight. With 732K miles on it, thanks to Greasy Shirt.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
I can say I wouldn't take anything less than $1.20 per mile plus a FSC for a str8 truck. You have to see what company you are looking at, call them they will tell you.
So you enjoy making a net of about .40 cents a mile then ......after fuel tolls insurance tires batteries and general maintain ? Not to mention deadhead and carrier /broker fees . Your killing me!

Reactions: ajakapari

Tobster317

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
So you enjoy making a net of about .40 cents a mile then ......after fuel tolls insurance tires batteries and general maintain ? Not to mention deadhead and carrier /broker fees . Your killing me!
I do perfectly fine at $1.35-$1.45 per mile and .50 dead. Remember everyones scenario is different. Plus I'm leased on with a company so your cost and my cost are not the same.

Last edited:

GrassHopperr

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got offered roughly 1.3 for a full truck load out of houston to chicago..i sent the truck down there on a load from chicago for 2.00 a mile...

I would like at least 1.50-1.75 to get back.

I got another load today from chicago to grand rapids for 800$....full truck load..

tknight

Veteran Expediter
I do perfectly fine at $1.35-$1.45 per mile and .50 dead. Remember everyones scenario is different. Plus I'm leased on with a company so your cost and my cost are not the same.

Glad your doing well at that rate are you solo and what kind of runs do you do miles wise? I see your from New York so if you doing a lot of ny, nj, and pa tolls have got to be a major concern for you. Glad your getting dead head for all miles not too many do! I don't unless they're desperate to get a load covered.
I'm solo so very rarely will I ever get a load over 500 miles as the time frames for anything farther would require a team . With over 100 miles of dh it just eats the time up to do more and asking for more time to complete is next to impossible !

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
1.35 to 1.45 doesn't cut it to work the east coast with any frequency. Referring of course to a straight truck.

Tobster317

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Never the east coast unless tolls are included. I'm solo. I just got $1.40 Plus FSC to run from Monroe MI to Bismarck ND. 2 day just dropped today. I have been getting some good trips this year so far. A couple of round trips from OH to IL right at the driving limit but usually 450-550 miles per trip.