what time of the year is best time to start

rcsahjr

Seasoned Expediter
I dove over the road several years ago. I've been working a security job in Kuwait. I'm ready to get back home and do some Expediting. I can return at the end of September or wait until March. Would like to know if Sep would be a good time to start or would it be best to wait until after the worst of the winter months have past. My experience was so long ago I would be considered a new driver. There is a company that said they could team me with a driver.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
There is no best time to get into van expediting. Straight or tractor might be different. But the van market is overcrowded, so stay away if at all possible.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Historically January and July are the slowest months. That said things are always changing.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
There's no time like the present. You should be able to get a couple of months in before the snow flies to get back in road shape.

bill98

Seasoned Expediter
I was in the sand box 2004/05 till I hit a IED and they carried me back started in a sprinter in 08 after rehab its all owner operator or fleet owners under 10k NO NEED FOR CDL, scales or logs I would stay put unless the lost contract if you need money this is not the job for you Im semi retired looking to play in the sand Oct or Nov
Good luck
Wild Bill
LOCAP III