What happened to Laredo outbound freight?

easyrider2697

Expert Expediter
What really tests you is the West Coast. Try being stuck in Washington State or Utah. It's a 100 times worse then Laredo.

Bet that load dont look so good now does it? Long loads to dead areas is always a loozer...Lerado is not to bad, never spent more than 24 hours there without a load(34 restart dont count)...was offered a load out last night but it was going to the Houston area and nothing was confirmed so I let it pass on to some other truck...was not going to fall for the old trick..."oh yea the reciever will be open and waiting for you"...been around way too long for that one..

OVM you still here?:cool:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Bet that load dont look so good now does it? Long loads to dead areas is always a loozer...Lerado is not to bad, never spent more than 24 hours there without a load(34 restart dont count)...was offered a load out last night but it was going to the Houston area and nothing was confirmed so I let it pass on to some other truck...was not going to fall for the old trick..."oh yea the reciever will be open and waiting for you"...been around way too long for that one..

OVM you still here?:cool:

Still here....:D

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Any time I get a load going to Laredo, if I take it, I do so with the knowledge that I will be there for a week. If it delivers in Laredo on a Friday or the weekend, I can figure 10 days. I usually get out of there much quicker than that, but if I don't it doesn't bother me, cause I knew that going in, and whatever I get out of there usually accounts for the days I've spent there. Laredo can go from hot to cold in a heartbeat. It's a coin toss, a throw of the dice. Always remember that before going there.

Not as bad for straights and big trucks, tho. 3 or 4 days is usually tops for those. Most get out in a day or less.

Whats the most you have ever lost on a coin toss?