What does that van really cost?

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
if you can pay cash for a van, or make a large down payment, also depends on interest rate you get for the van
if you lease
for every $1,000 you put down makes your payment about $20.00 less ball park figure
you add interest rate from bank or credit union, or from manufacture
also the tax's , depending on state or city
ins,

then you have how long will you keep it, what are benefit's of buying or leasing it

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Just multiply it out assuming everything remains the same. With say the Transit, likely isn't enough out with that mileage to develop a comprehensive report. Most don't expedite.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A few years ago I put my $ on a clean, used Sprinter.
Based on this info, I'd still do the same ..

Reactions: ntimevan

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well between JuJu and I over the years a $40,000 investment in 2005 has turned over almost $900,000 in gross revenue....take care of the van PROPERLY.....I repeat PROPERLY....and you could too...

You probably banked that in the hay day of expediting I'm assuming. Bonuses, Coast to Coast runs, moving non stop. Id be dead tired if I did that many miles in a 06 Sprinter. I think I've got around 300k almost between a bunch of 06 Sprinters, current one just hit 200k but I've only been in the game for since 2010. Id imagine if I had bought a new one in 05 I'd be retired now but I was young and broke back then. :D

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Well between JuJu and I over the years a $40,000 investment in 2005 has turned over almost $900,000 in gross revenue....take care of the van PROPERLY.....I repeat PROPERLY....and you could too...

You probably banked that in the hay day of expediting I'm assuming. Bonuses, Coast to Coast runs, moving non stop. Id be dead tired if I did that many miles in a 06 Sprinter. I think I've got around 300k almost between a bunch of 06 Sprinters, current one just hit 200k but I've only been in the game for since 2010. Id imagine if I had bought a new one in 05 I'd be retired now but I was young and broke back then. :D

It begs the question of whether you are still young and broke now? :D

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

It begs the question of whether you are still young and broke now? :D

I can afford to buy a house cash in Detroit, not sure if that qualifies me as broke... I delivered to a million dollar home in Houston the other day. Property taxes alone are 30k a year. I had a hard time comprehending that.:eek:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

did almost 1/2 that gross in first 4 yrs with JuJu as a team...man that girl could drive! :)