What Cargo Van Companies doesn't have restrictions on van year.

aunited72

Rookie Expediter
Hello I'm looking for a company that doesn't have restrictions on van year in so I'm looking to buy a older van that runs good but its a 2000

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using EO Forums mobile app

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Pretty sure youve made like 6 threads about this already....

Sent from my VS870 4G using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Why not just check the various companies that advertise here. Most if not all will have a area that covers "requirements"

aunited72

Rookie Expediter
Well I'm very persistent to what I'm trying to accomplish .......that getting my own van an working local so I can build up to getting a better van.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The companies on this site or what most here do is not local work. You might be better off looking on Craig's list and in the yellow pages and calling those you find.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

aunited72

Rookie Expediter
Basically its not so much local companies but the fact they won't take a 2000 van......so I'm searching for companies either local or over the road that will take my van

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I'm not sure he knows what he wants.

Start another thread Can Someone Help Me Figure Out What I Want

aunited72

Rookie Expediter
Might I say to all those to have negative comments .......May God bless you and have a nice day.

Reactions: Heather Jones

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
At the risk of being characterized as making a negative comment, you are not going to find a company that will take on a 13 or 14 year old cargo van. Statistics show that cargo vans older than about five years have more frequent breakdowns and are thus less reliable for hauling freight. There are some exceptions, of course, but "runs good" without an accompanying detailed maintenance and repair history ain't one of them. With expediting, as with most tasks, you need the right tool for the job.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think there is a Local Carrier in Bison, Sd. looking for older types......:p

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums mobile app

aunited72

Rookie Expediter
Vans I'm thinking about purchasing 2000 cargo van .....looking for company that will allow it.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Vans I'm thinking about purchasing 2000 cargo van .....looking for company that will allow it.

At the risk of being called a negative nellie, you might get better results picking up the phone and calling the companies to ask them instead of relying on an internet message board.

paullud

Veteran Expediter

Don't purchase such an old van for business, you will want one 5 years old or newer.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

Dude, you're looking for 'love' in all the wrong places, lol. Expedite is where failure is not an option, and a van that old is a failure waiting to happen. Maybe you could do something like delivering phone books, where it doesn't matter if you get there or not. Just saying.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I'm getting more confused by every "new" thread you make. If you want to stay local do what xiggi said. With some exceptions, we are mostly over the road drivers. You don't have to make a new thread for each question. Just ask it in one of your threads, we will see it.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I suggested combining his first two threads and he was offended.

What has he learned in two years at Panther ?

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Lets see...this guys wants to work under the radar...
no W2 or 1099,
put on a 10 or worse old van...
grab himself a couple of brokers....really?
They'll be no advice pending from this old fart....nor welcome wagon....thats the way I am rolling on this one....yellow Penske material....