Welcome to August " the dog days of summer "

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I would like to welcome Hoekstra Transportation as the newest edition to the Load 1 Benefits/Discount Program. Hoekstra Transportation is the largest Freightliner Sprinter Dealer in Michigan and has been a good partner to the Load 1 family for many years.

As you will see in the pricing attached to this post as well as literature in our location, Load One drivers will receive an additional $4,500 off of each and every sprinter purchased. This $4,500 is in addition to any and all incentives that are available from the manufacturer.
Additionally you will receive 15% off of list price on all parts purchased from either Grand Rapids or Troy.

Hoekstra has two locations in Michigan:

555 Oliver St.
Troy, MI 48084
800-248-9951

260 36th St.
Grand Rapids, MI 49548
800-444-4104

For further details and vehicle availability, please contact Kelby Hirr at: 616-502-0695

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

Last edited:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
5f252a0e9f5e7a8c46d0c292ac8a9609.jpg

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

Reactions: DollarSign

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Look at the month of July page 14. That's why when you get a call from them it's a 704 area code # just like the CLT office. There not that far apart from one another.
I was referring to John's post that it could have been the people from the TN office that left the goodies on RoadTime's vehicle. I was thinking that it was a pretty good distance from their office..... but then, they could have been visiting customers in the area.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Reactions: DollarSign

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
I was referring to John's post that it could have been the people from the TN office that left the goodies on RoadTime's vehicle. I was thinking that it was a pretty good distance from their office..... but then, they could have been visiting customers in the area.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
I understand. When I was reading the post I immediately jump in and gave my two cents worth and I shouldn't have. Wasn't thinking .

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Good morning to everyone! It's been a good two weeks here. Location Location Location! Just like real estate. Not in a bad spot if something comes up here today. Hope everyone has been running the same.

Reactions: ntimevan

guido4475

Not a Member
I bought a few of those...gave them to different companies that expressed interest in Load One...

A tiny company I used to be leased onto back in the late 90's that I truly hated once gave me a box full of items to hand out to customers. I still have that stuff. The owner actually thought I liked his company. The attitude all around was horrible. Driver abuse was rampant. Driver attitude was worse because of this. But, ironically, the pay was excellent. Lol...but it wasn't worth being treated like poop. This reply was in reference to the load one goodie bag.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using EO Forums mobile app

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
We used to do that. The problem is we had people getting upset about back solicitation.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

guido4475

Not a Member
We used to do that. The problem is we had people getting upset about back solicitation.

Yes, back selling can be a bad thing. But, if they ask, is it still a bad thing? I figure if they are asking, they are looking because a company, driver, whatever, isn't doing their job in keeping the customer happy, and they are open territory.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: jelliott

Rick007

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
We're always giving out pens. Generaly when the consignee (most of them ship too. ) signs the BOL, we give them a Load One pen to use and tell them to keep us in mind if a need for a professional company, thats fully insured comes up.

Sent with my right hand using my index and forefingers.

:bobtail:

Drive safe!

Reactions: jelliott

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
In my Panther days they ran out of digits also, but they didn't add another digit. They just started over. But they had a gazillion digits to begin with. I hope we stay at 6 digits, nice round even number.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well we are meeting to discuss this week. We are set to go to 7 but not sure that will be the final plan.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Whats happen to Turtle? Haven't seen him in here for a while
Still reading the threads and handling admin duties, and a few PMs behind the scenes. :)

I'm in Toledo having the engine in the Sprinter replaced.

Engine started making noises a few weeks ago and finally got to the point where it sounded more like an air compressor than a Sprinter engine, and it kept stalling at low RPMs. I pulled the oil filter and found copious amounts of little bitty metal shavings in the pleats. I know that really black oil is fine, but I'm pretty sure that metalflake iridescence really black oil is not. Wayne confirmed. Turned injectors off and on and when the #4 injector is turned off the noise gets much quieter, so it's the bearing under that cylinder.

Wayne has a really good 80,000 mile engine he's putting in there.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Sorry to hear that, Ken. I hoped to see a Sprinter with 1 million miles on the original engine. Mine is out of the race at 775k, still going strong, but going once a month to the dump won't get it to a million.