Verizon new data plans

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Is it that good?....any distortion at all?....clear?
The whole thing is made of cheap plastic, so kid glove care required. Other then that, picture is very clear and does give a 3D effect. My iphone 5C (smaller iphone version) fills the screen about 85%. Works best in low light to dark. Before I had to squint to read the game score, no more :)

Due to the magnifier, it's impossible to show a good pic of what it looks like. The size and clarity I see, is not what the camera does. But just as an example here is a very poor representation. There is no tilt to the picture, it's larger and very clear when viewing. I had to stand several feet back to get this shot, the pic does not do it justice.
So the bigger iphone6 would fill the screen?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
On the rare occasion that I want to watch something like a football game on the phone, I just use an HDMI cable and connect it to the TV. But I usually just watch it on the TV (Dish Network) or on the computer.

The magnifier thing, though, that's awesome.

Reactions: TDave

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Awesome for someone like me that doesn't carry a TV around with me

Just figured out how to get full screen with my smaller iphone. If I don't use the phone stand and set it behind it, it fills the whole screen. Guess I can put off on that iphone 6s I was looking at ;)

On the rare occasion that I want to watch something like a football game on the phone, I just use an HDMI cable and connect it to the TV.

Turtle what phone do you have that you can do this? I haven't heard of that before.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
On the rare occasion that I want to watch something like a football game on the phone, I just use an HDMI cable and connect it to the TV.

Turtle what phone do you have that you can do this? I haven't heard of that before.
I have an HTC One M8 Android phone. There's a little adapter that plugs into the USB charging port that an HDMI cable will plug into. You can do that to mirror the phone's screen on any TV or computer with an HDMI input.

In your case with the iPhone 5c, you need the same thing, it's the super-duper Apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter. The iPhone, a TV with an HDMI input, the Lightning adapter, and an HDMI cable (duh) and you're good to go. Except...

...the NFL Mobile app (and HBO Go and a few others - tho not Netflix and most others) will shut down if it detects an HDMI cable or the Apple AirPlay. There are ways around it, like using an Android phone with Chromecast. Might be able to get around it on an iPhone using a MDH cable adapter, though. I'm not sure. You'd have to do some research on that one.

Reactions: RoadTime and TDave

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just ordered one for my birthday.....:p

I watched the vikings game last night and loved the picture. I got so used to the larger screen, when I went to put it away I was shocked at how small my phone screen really is :eek:

My only concern is how the magnifier will hold up, as far as scratches, as it's made of plastic also.
The darker the room the better the picture. Although, I haven't experimented with making the screen brighter. But I'm thinking that might cause glare. I'll have to experiment with that .......

Ok, I had to play :rolleyes:
I turned the phone brightness up full and it looked pretty darn good, no glare and a light on in the room. So lots of ways to play around with this thing. Although, higher brightness will eat more battery if not plugged in.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
An update (maybe) on this. I switched to T-Mobile and have music streaming that doesn't go against data usage, so same idea as Road Time and his NFL pkg. If you're looking at data usage on the phone settings it shows all data used. When I go on the T-Mobile app it shows the actual data minus the music streaming (big difference). So if Verizon has an app it may show the revised number. Hope this helps. Garbage is taken out (it's picked up tomorrow).

Reactions: RoadTime and Moot

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
music streaming is almost unnoticable to me....very little data use.....from the Pandora app.....
My point simply was how the data is shown on the app, whether video or music.
I see....good point....while Verizon does break it down.....or tries....its not really accurate....
  • Web & Apps You have used 58% of your allowance
  • Social Media & Networking You have used 14 % of your allowance
  • Video You have used 11 % of your allowance
  • Maps & Navigation You have used 5 % of your allowance
  • Communication & Device Services You have used 4 percent of your allowance 4%
  • Audio You have used 3 percent of your allowance 3%
  • Downloads & Marketplaces You have used 1 percent of your allowance 1%
  • Email & Messaging You have used 1 percent of your allowance 1%
  • Gaming You have used 1 percent of your allowance 1%

Last edited:

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I see....good point....while Verizon does break it down.....or tries....its not really accurate....
  • Web & Apps You have used 58 percent of your allowance 58%
  • Social Media & Networking You have used 14 percent of your allowance 14%
  • Video You have used 11 percent of your allowance 11%
  • Maps & Navigation You have used 5 percent of your allowance 5%
  • Communication & Device Services You have used 4 percent of your allowance 4%
  • Audio You have used 3 percent of your allowance 3%
  • Downloads & Marketplaces You have used 1 percent of your allowance 1%
  • Email & Messaging You have used 1 percent of your allowance 1%
  • Gaming You have used 1 percent of your allowance 1%
That's right, you have to look at your carriers app to get a clearer number, the phone doesn't know what your carrier might include so the phones data usage setting is useless.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Verizon is so confusing for me. Seems every page tells me something different about my data and plan. I'll figure out if I get to keep the bonus gig, I thought I lost on the plan change, on the 16th when my new month starts :rolleyes:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Verizon is so confusing for me. Seems every page tells me something different about my data and plan. I'll figure out if I get to keep the bonus gig, I thought I lost on the plan change, on the 16th when my new month starts :rolleyes:
I know yeah....many links will take to many different areas(pages)...

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Far as I can tell now after the plan change I'm getting 3.64 gigs on the 2 gig plan. I'm not calling to find out why lol. Especially after using 19.3 gigs watching football

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Last edited: