Used expedite van milage

kg

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Owner/Operator
Pretend for a moment that you are interested in purchasing a 2013,2014,or 2015 used expedite van. At what milage would you consider the van to be "too used" for you to buy.

For sake of discussion engines involved would be only diesels and big block gassers.

Just wondering:)

Stay safe
KG

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If Ford or GM, it wouldn't bother me if it has 300K miles. The rest of them (Dodge, MB) are out of the equation...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
300,000, 200,000, 100,000, respectively. Cut those numbers in half if no maintenance records, or if the records show haphazard or lackadaisical maintenance.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My last van had 819k when I bought it. However it was purchased from the original owner who is not only an oddball but very proactive with maintenance. It's been great. (Chev 6.0)

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
if you can't see maintenance record's no matter how many miles are it stay away from it

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My last van had 819k when I bought it
Miles or km?

Most I bought used was 279000 miles, it was an expedite truck...went to a million and I scrapped it, no reason other than if something finally broke, where would I start? Engine and Trans was all original

Point being, if it's an expedite truck, high mileage is ok...my last van I bought at 80,000 but it was a city maintenance truck...in all honesty I think it was pretty used up at 250000 when I parked it for sprinter

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They break down too often, expensive maintenance...
My sprinters new to me, time will tell. Buying a 2005 I'll have the money for spare parts, and I've got the experience for fixing...take care of your vans people, I'll want them about 10 years from now :D

To original post about 200,000 in one of the gas sixes and 400,000 in a diesel, more would be too much

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I sold my last van, a Chevrolet, 6.0 with 819,759 miles to a foreigner who is expediting with it. Last I heard it was still running strong but he painted it yellow.
It's still white, and the body is pristine. Good thing your brother in law Jerry from the Chev dealer in White bear Lake (Go Bears!) talked you in to the True Coat

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Much better picture of that Chevy dealer. For some reason Ninatic and Google found it to be of significant value to the game.:cool:

Attachments

• 1463678692754.jpg
    1463678692754.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: brokcanadian