UPS Load Board

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Re: Ups working on a loadboard up in 2 month what can brown do for you

Well if they are devoloping a loadboard, one would think that they are going to start to offer freight up for bid...so it should be a good thing for expediters....yes? no?

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter

UPS brokering expedite? Nothing new there. UPS Freight has been calling Panther and E-1 for some time. Express Critical has been brokering ever since they bought out Menlo (Emery) Expedite!

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter

Yea I should have said MORE, because i have hauled UPS freight in the past...But again, if they are going to start a loadboard of their own, it would appear they are cutting out the "middleman" and opening it all (or more) up to bid....

Camper

Not a Member
My guess is that they're looking to unload the freight destined for fringe areas, so that they can concentrate their resources more on the high density zones.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Last edited:

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
This is going to be a good thing. All Express-1 does is take a phone call from UPS and then throws the load up on the alliance for other carriers to bid on and they still get a heafy cut on their end. Panther also does the same thing. I think eliminating the middle man and opening up their freight board to the rest of the companies out there will be a good thing for them. It is however not going to be a good thing for the rates! Cudos UPS.

lugnut1

Seasoned Expediter
UPS and a BID load board, already happening… This is an exact quote contained in the notes section of a load I was looking at a while back. “Note: Straight Truck – UPS LOAD, DO NOT AWARD TO FEDX”
Load was offered out @ $477.25 for 250 miles. 1100lbs. 2 pallets 108x48x36

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I've hauled and picked for UPS freight nearly daily in the past year, through Towne Air

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
UPS does business with a number of expedite carriers. A bid board will just be a tool to make the freight awarding more of a commodity priced item. Good for some maybe, but bad for others. These type of boards very often do not put a value on the level of service and support that a carrier offers.