Unions, workers best friend

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Got to love those unions. In California in the L.A. area, the unions were major supporters of, promoters of, and proponents of the magic $15/hr minimum wage. The unions made it happen. Guess who wants an exception and an exemption from being bound by those very rules? Yep, the unions. It's a great idea as long as they are exempt. Same as Obamacare and so many other liberal ideas. They're great, so long as they are only forced on the other guy.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Kinda like not that at all. I don't care what a woman does to her body. I only care what she does to another person's body. She can tattoo, pierce, cut, whatever she wants, so long as it only affects her body and not any other being's body. I don't care what sort of :censoredsign: foolishness anyone wishes to spout about viability or anything else. A baby is another unique, individual person. That's the part that matters. So :censoredsign: misdirection aside, the unions are as worthless as anyone who aborts a perfectly healthy baby and the lowlifes who support that.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Kinda like not that at all. I don't care what a woman does to her body. I only care what she does to another person's body. She can tattoo, pierce, cut, whatever she wants, so long as it only affects her body and not any other being's body. I don't care what sort of :censoredsign: foolishness anyone wishes to spout about viability or anything else. A baby is another unique, individual person. That's the part that matters. So :censoredsign: misdirection aside, the unions are as worthless as anyone who aborts a perfectly healthy baby and the lowlifes who support that.
Glad to see we can have a rationale discussion. Enjoy your day.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
A baby is another unique, individual person. That's the part that matters.
Yes, that is the part that matters. Unfortunately for some, a fetus is neither a baby nor a person. It's not even a being until it is no longer a potential being and becomes an actual being (adjective - human type of being).

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Sorry don't see the comparison at all.
No, there really isn't a comparison between unions being exempted from wage laws and conservatives telling others what they can and cannot do. There would be in conservatives wanted to ban abortions for liberals but exempt conservatives.

A better comparison would be various laws, like hand held cell phones, or GPS units being suspended from a windshield, where the police is exempt from such laws.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The comparison is both want to tell others what to do, but not do it themselves.