Tval sprinters

letsdrive

Seasoned Expediter
Was wondering if anyone knew anything about these. Just trying to get info on them. What kind of rates etc. I couldnt find much info on here. Trying to do some research anything would be helpful
Thanks

letsdrive

Seasoned Expediter
Are the rates higher then the regular b units,and do you stick to mostly wg loads or do you get surface freight as well.

cannedmeat27

Expert Expediter
I take surface and reefer loads. The br fleet is on a percentage contract. I'm not gonna give numbers but it's definitely more than surface vans average.

letsdrive

Seasoned Expediter
Do you get same percentage on surface loads? Also do you have much issues with refer and sensors and do you lose much time in the maintenance of them?

letsdrive

Seasoned Expediter
Same percentage no what I'm hauling. Reefer is dependable. The truck it self is horrible for maintenance.
What sort of maintenance issues do you run into outside of normal like oil tires brakes filter changes? If your in a sprinter so you have issues with headlights and does def require any extra maintenance?

cannedmeat27

Expert Expediter
I have an 08 so there's no def. I've never had issues with any lights. The lights all last a long time. Maintenance is everything from rebuilt drive axle to belt tensioners. I've replaced dpf filter and egr valve. I don't want to say total cost cause it's embarrassing. I will say I could probably buy a new pro master with cash. Don't let my issues scare you off of a br unit. Most br vans don't have my kind of problems.

letsdrive

Seasoned Expediter
So even with the amount of maintenance cost were you still able to keep things in a positive profit margin? I havnt seen alot of br units out on the road,do yoy know if things are swamped like the cargo vans with way to many out there?

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Never made a profit. No over saturation since there's only about 30 in the fleet.
I'm confused "never made a profit". How long have you been in this line of work? Are you in this business to never make a profit and always lose money? Am I missing something here?