Trucks and Job Offers

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
When it comes to Jobs and the Trucking industry if I turn down a Job Offer their is A Big Reason. 9 times out 10 the money is right. But the Equipment is not...

I check Person out that makes the offer. I don't go by what some dispatcher says or thinks.
They don't know you other than your sooth talk over the phone. They see your pic and may or may not relate to that. Some will cater to the Devil himself because of the smooth talk Infamous buddy love Smooth. talk.
I check out there Equipment if its not right I do the honor system give them a chance to fix it. Then I recheck. they lie and say its fixed and I see its not.. Then I know that Person is not whom I want or will do business with. Junky trucks is not a thing to take lightly. Customers see them and that Junky poorly un kept truck reflects on me as a driver and Representative for the Big Company. Windshield broken or cracked, wire harness shorted out, blinkers lights and running lights that are Dot not working, leaking airbags, break chambers, drums grooved so deep that need replaced. Break pads down to the rivets, balled tires. leaking exhaust system , tank fuel cap seals missing. Just to name a few. Remember Equipment has to be mechanical sound and needs to look decent as well. Not some Navajos Joe Mechanic did a Joes Wi beck Jeri speed number on it. No Band-Aid...
There you have it. Reason clear why I say no. That being said money talks but only so far Equipment has to be Good not Crap. For me to Post this on here well Company snoops read these tabs all the time. Big Brass to dispatcher let me tell you Stop feeding those so called buddy love trucks simply junk. Ask your self that what you want your customers to see as a representative of you. I don't and I wont.

Garbage is taken out
have a nice day.

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
"Break" chambers, is that where you take lunch...should be brake...then "balled" tires, do they have male organs?...should be bald...just to name a few...proper word use and spelling shows MORE professionalism too.

And in your reply...you "here"...I hear ya there eh?

Btw I only called you out because you made the claim that all was spelled properly and in english.

Last edited:
Reactions: tknight

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
"Break" chambers, is that where you take lunch...should be brake...then "balled" tires, do they have male organs?...should be bald...just to name a few...proper word use and spelling shows MORE professionalism too.

And in your reply...you "here"...I hear ya there eh?

Btw I only called you out because you made the claim that all was spelled properly and in english.
What the matter mad that you bought some Ovaltine and no decoder ring sorry ask moot or turtle. :popcorn2:

Reactions: scottm4211 and Moot

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Since I don't have the decoder ring,
What exactly did the first post say ?
Did you go look at driving for an owner that had crap equipment ?
Are you aggravated that you're losing loads to people running crap equipment ?

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Since I don't have the decoder ring,
What exactly did the first post say ?
Did you go look at driving for an owner that had crap equipment ?
Are you aggravated that you're losing loads to people running crap equipment ?
We will never know.....

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
What the matter mad that you bought some Ovaltine and no decoder ring sorry ask moot or turtle. :popcorn2:
Just clarifying your claim to proper spelling etc. I have to say most times when you post I scroll right on past as its VERY hard to read, and usually off topic or not very helpful.