Trucking's Operational Costs Continue to Rise

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Read this Land Line article about preadator towing companies. If you think you can get a straight truck towed out of New York City for less than a thousand dollars, it is you who is wearing the rose colored glasses.

Last edited:

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
I have heard of truckers being stuck with $15,000 tow bills in circumstances like those described above . . .

Your right. $15,000.00 would be a serious hit to the bottom line. When you say that you have "heard" of truckers being stuck for that much I hope that it is safe to assume that it is the exception and not the rule?

Read this Land Line article about preadator towing companies. If you think you can get a straight truck towed out of New York City for less than a thousand dollars, it is you who is wearing the rose colored glasses.

Yes, guilty of the rose colored glasses thing.:) But I said $2,000.00.
I appreciate your link to an article concerning this matter. The link did not work but I will continue to search for it. If it is necessary to set aside a towing emergency fund for $15,000.00 then I guess I better get started because becoming a company driver will never happen again in my lifetime.

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Personally Im glad for the hope and change that weve had, while I dont think 15,000 Systems for mufflers and all the engine tech has been as cost effective theres no denying its working, remember when truck stops were a cloud of diesel fumes, thick black chuffs of smoke popping out of trucks and trying to sleep and not succumb to fumes,...today most trucks emit little if any noxious fumes, if thats Hope and Change its for the good, not necessarily all the current Prez ideas...

Drivers wages have changed little in 12 years, and other costs are rising faster then the grass on a Kentucky horse farm....Diesel Fuel which is affected by the Gamblers on wall street not truckers....we cant control our own costs, we dont have the billions to play the markets with....
Ultimately somewhere somehow its gonna crack and crumble down, whether its consolidation, or buyouts, bankruptcys or just going out of biz....

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Quit cryin I told you guys what to do But you would rather take A whippin than stand up.