Trucker Log Chek Calculator

Discussion in 'General Expediter Forum' started by JohnO, Nov 7, 2006.

1. JohnO

JohnO New Recruit

What other device(s) beside this one JJ Keller and other's sell performs a satisfactory job in showing how to stay HOS compliant.

<http://www.jjkeller.com/browse/product.html?group_id=1827&searched=746-R>

2. Broompilot

Broompilot New Recruit

I do not really know? But I do keep up with the math everyday on the RECAPP. I use just the little green hourly ruler and from start I go over and make a slash at 14 thus I must be finished by and keep track of my 11 hours. Include your breaks, PTIs, fuel and loads it usually comes to around 13 hours on a 600 mile run.

Scientific? NO. Inexpensive and keeps me out of trouble.

My system is simple, but I am sure others is better. I have never gotten a violation from my office, so I am doing something right.

3. Rikk

Rikk New Recruit

I use a program called "Drivers daily log" You can find it at www.driversdailylog.com Great software. Do your logs on your laptop, will tell you if you have violations, and keep your books. I have not failed an inspection since using this software and have had positive feed back from DOT inspectors.

You can download a 30 day copy for free, The wife and I ran it with paper logs in the begining to see if it would work out for us. One note, if you use this, there are DOT inspectors that get a bit upset if you do not have 7 days printed out (I have heard, but haven't had this problem myself)

Check it out and see if it works for you.

Be safe out there

Rikk

4. marvinkwagner

marvinkwagner Banned

I agree with RKKI

www.driversdailylog.com

I got it I use it and I dont have any trouble with the DOT
    In fact when I tell them its on the computer they dont even bother me on logs, as they know they are right.

Have a safe one

And yupper Print the puppies each day and no worries

Kevin

5. greg334

greg334 New Recruit

Well I am trying to decide what software to go with, DDL is somewhat conveluted with its licensing and i am inclined not to use it becuase of it. I pay $95 for the software and then have buy a subcription at $40 a year?

The idea of convinence is the reason I am buying the software package in the first place.