Truck today

tknight

Veteran Expediter
I've gone 500oles in the last 24 hrs only seen the following 2 Fedx 1 Panther 1 v3 sprinter not much more on the road sign of the times
I75 i71 i275 I76

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Our route from Northern Kentucky going south on I-75 on 4/21 at 9am to Knoxville we saw a few FedEx CC, Panther, Load-1 and All State Express TT's. No vans. A few ST's but didn't note the signs.

Rolling North tonight we saw Landstar, TSE, Bolt, Panther, FedEx CC straight trucks and several marked and unmarked Sprinters/CV's. Seemed much more activity Thursday night.

Perioodic

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Our route from Northern Kentucky going south on I-75 on 4/21 at 9am to Knoxville we saw a few FedEx CC, Panther, Load-1 and All State Express TT's. No vans. A few ST's but didn't note the signs.

Rolling North tonight we saw Landstar, TSE, Bolt, Panther, FedEx CC straight trucks and several marked and unmarked Sprinters/CV's. Seemed much more activity Thursday night.

Probably saw me in the bolt sprinter.

Skyline

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just spent 10 weeks on a dedicated run at an undisclosed location and only saw one FedEx in all that time. I did however enjoy a very quiet CB radio.

Reactions: ntimevan

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Seeing expediter vans and Sprinters is not hard.
Finding any with lettering on them....

On a load I did last week for one of the major carriers, they wanted to confirm that my vehicle was free of lettering. That's the first time I've ever been asked that question. How's that for a sign of the times?!

Perioodic

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
On a load I did last week for one of the major carriers, they wanted to confirm that my vehicle was free of lettering. That's the first time I've ever been asked that question. How's that for a sign of the times?!

I wish I didn't have to have any lettering on my vehicle! Would make it a lot nicer IMO.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
That could be the carrier doesn't a competing carrier's lettering delivering their freight. If the customer expects, say, a Panther truck, and an XPO truck shows up, that could be bad. But if one with no lettering shows up, not a big deal.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
it happens more then you might think......You ever done a blind shipment? Well this is almost the same thing...there is even some where decals are required...out come the magnets...

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
it happens more then you might think......You ever done a blind shipment? Well this is almost the same thing...there is even some where decals are required...out come the magnets...
I believe I might have one of those now, when I called the receiver to see if I might unload Sunday night one of the options on the phone was press 9 for the onsite Bolt Rep! But I'm picking up at one of our Longtime Customers??