TranStewart

mirangerman

Expert Expediter
Just did a search for TranStewart ot of Osseo, Mi - and couldn't locate anything.

Has anybody heard any good/bad about them?

thanx

BTW - had the pleasure of talking w/ Jerry (?) the owner there last fall. Seems like nice of a fellow.

And pretty well reinterated much of the info found here, right on good ol expeditors online!

He did, however found it a bit amusing though, when I told him I had heard that a good 90% of expedite driving is done at nite.

he told me that - yes they do drive @ night, however 90% is a bit way too high (for his co. anyways). He said more like 60%, maybe even at times 70% (max.) . but definitly not 90%

-charles

Last edited:

rollnthunder

Expert Expediter
Stay as far away from them as you can.They do about 90% or so NLM.Back in 2007 they where hauling stuff for a $1.04 plus fuel and the fsc was terrible.They dont have a sales team only the owner.He is also on the sherriffs department plus he is trying to be a salesman there is no way you can have that much time in a day.Also the night dispatcher usually works from home.so most of the time you call in you would hear kids screaming in the back ground and what not just think if i was a customer calling in what would i think.They also took the NLM loads that paid PC miler and ran them on their Rand Mcnally house hold goods software that would shave about 10% off the miles and pocket them.I verified this with NLM.The list goes on with them.I will say i didnt run the hardest when i was with them but that is my choice.I left them averaging 94 cpm and went to tri state and i average a $1.54 mile last year.The only really big difference is i pay for a Qual com and fuel tax big deal.I still came out ahead by far.

moose

Veteran Expediter
I Am Leasing my truck with them since July , and
VERY HAPPY with them , i cant think of a bather place for me to lease my truck right now.

i think they are a cut above the rest.

i will not respond to the last poster , mainly because he is accusing a person , not me , and i do not want it to become an argument , every one have the right to sound a voice here ,
i just found doing business with them to be ,lets say, very rewarding .

Moose.
truck 0418

rollnthunder

Expert Expediter
Moose i was happy there till i found they where shaving miles from what NLM was paying to what Transtewart was paying me.I was there for almost 2 yrs so i learned what they where doing.I got tired of hauling things for $1.04 plus 10 to 16 cents fsc.I verified my info from NLM directly and then questioned Transtewart and boy did they get defensive.But if your happy there then good for you.But i like to run my truck less and make more money.

jeffman164

Seasoned Expediter
I was happy with them until they cheated me out of $ . Once somebody lies or shafts me out of $ , then they are SCUM in my book . I'm not the only person that they have done this to . I very rarely post - only when trying to help someone to not make the same mistake as myself . STAY AWAY for your own good !!

rodeehos

Seasoned Expediter
I spoke to one of there drivers today and he told me that they are paying him $.86/mile with fsc. For a d unit. He is not happy with right now and says that he gets one descent load a week. He says that he about to lose his truck soon if something doesn't change.:(

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Rodeehos,
it would seem to me if the O/O you talked to is running a "D" for $.86 a mile including FSC it's his own fault if he loses his rig.

rodeehos

Seasoned Expediter
I agree, i have told him that he should lease on to some other that is going to pay more per mile and probably has a larger book of cliets. At this point it is his own fault is he stays there and loses everything.

mirangerman

Expert Expediter
Thanx for the replies y'all!

I do have a few comments, however ..........

As far as - "A", person responding very negativly, well all I gotta say is - after being on various trucker boards for sooooooo long - I have learned to take most criticism of trucking cos. at at least 1/2 par value. Especially when one says that they weren't running as even - "they", expected or should have. The same goes for those who overly - "brag", how good the Co. is!

As far as getting screwed on miles? Well - welcome to the industry!

RODEEHOS .......... I spoke to one of there drivers today and he told me that they are paying him $.86/mile with fsc. For a d unit. He is not happy with right now and says that he gets one descent load a week. He says that he about to lose his truck soon if something doesn't change.

$.86 cpm for a - "D" unit? My Gosh! Hopefully he's moving on about the 1st of February!
He might as well be running a "C" unit at those prices, eh?

-charles

mikeangel

Seasoned Expediter
Does tranStewart have cargo vans or solo straight trucks and I f so do you know If there taking on any new drivers? Hey I got another question please don't think I'm stupid. What's the difference between D class and C class. Thanks

Last edited:

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Thanx for the replies y'all!

I do have a few comments, however ..........

As far as - "A", person responding very negativly, well all I gotta say is - after being on various trucker boards for sooooooo long - I have learned to take most criticism of trucking cos. at at least 1/2 par value. Especially when one says that they weren't running as even - "they", expected or should have. The same goes for those who overly - "brag", how good the Co. is!

As far as getting screwed on miles? Well - welcome to the industry!

$.86 cpm for a - "D" unit? My Gosh! Hopefully he's moving on about the 1st of February!
He might as well be running a "C" unit at those prices, eh?

-charles

Not sure if you are in the industry, or just on the "trucker boards" but having miles shaved by your Carrier is not the "norm" in Expediting.

And equally as important what makes you think that a "C" unit would run any where near $0.86 per mile and make a profit?

Not agreeing nor disagreeing with what the others said about the Company.

rodeehos

Seasoned Expediter
I just spoke to the same driver and he got a load out of Texas to Michigan and his pay is $.86/mile. Hot shot freight @ ltl rate. Maybe that could be there new slogan.:d

Last edited:

mirangerman

Expert Expediter
Yes - I am in the industry. Currently I am a unemployed local driver.

I apologize for my ignorance! Guess I shoulda been coming here more than I have been, eh?

I knew it was getting bad out there, but I didn't think it was getting - "THAT" bad!

Look at it this way - 86cpm was the rate I was going to get back in '05 driving a "B" unit!
Hate to see what that rate is now! Heck - in '05 the rate was at least $1.20/mi for "D" units.

And I ran some quick numbers, and the answer was shocking to say the least;
O/O w/ a "D" Unit running from Austin,TX - Lansing,MI.
1350mi*.86+.10cpm=$1295-417(fuel)=$878. And that sure's ain't counting other expenses (like a driver)!

Talk about dang near slave wages, eh?

As far as - "shaving miles", heck - that's common among the bigger carriers (Schneider, Watkins/Shepard, Crete, Prime, etc). And hopefully we're talking the same thing!

So once again - i do sincerely apologize!

mikeangel ........
Does tranStewart have cargo vans or solo straight trucks and I f so do you know If there taking on any new drivers? Hey I got another question please don't think I'm stupid. What's the difference between D class and C class. Thanks

From what I was told last Fall - they are (trying to) getting away from cargo vans, and more concentrating on "D" units and "E" units. And right now - I believe they are taking new drivers.

"B" unit = cargo/sprinter van
"C" unit = non-CDL straight truck (up to 10k gvw)
"D" unit = straight truck
"E" unit = Tractor Trailer

l8r!

-charles