Transtewart Trucking

dvpmis

Expert Expediter
Hey...does anyone out there know anything...good or bad about Transewart Trucking. Read their profile and they sound like a good company to expedite with. We are a team.

klippencott

Expert Expediter
I agree, I want to know more about Transtewart also. I talked to Jerry senior and I'm really impressed. I'm seriously thinking of signing on with them.

Does anyone have any experience with Transtewart?

KLippencott

dvpmis

Expert Expediter
I read their profile on Expeditors online, Carrier profiles...I like what I read but would like to hear something from experienced O/O.

dvpmis

Expert Expediter
That is to say..an O/O experienced with Transtewart trucking...or someone that has info on them...I too am thinking of leasing my team with them.

jeannie

Expert Expediter
I would just like to say that Transtewart is an awesome company to work for we are a team and we have been with them since the Monday before Thanksgiving. Most of the time before you ever unload you get another run. The Dispatchers are very helpful and friendly. Jerry and Sarah have a great company. The company is big enough that the money is good and small enough that they know you on a first name basis.
God Bless you and yours

raceman

Veteran Expediter
The team that is running my other truck, the one I kind of have yet don't have anything to do with the money any longer, just left Tri State and moved over there. They were impressed with them. I will report back once I know more.

Raceman
OTR O/O

dvpmis

Expert Expediter
Here is an exerpt from their profile on EO, this is what caught my attention:

As TranStewart states in their advertising, when they say NO, they mean NO!

This includes:

*NO satellite fees
*NO fuel tax backcharges
*NO hidden insurance fees
*NO paperwork fees
*NO forced dispatch or forced Canadian runs
*NO turndown penalties
*NO permit fees
*NO lengthy orientation requirement

TranStewart is urrently recruiting straight trucks, with both singles and teams.

It must be noted that the company has a very liberal policy regarding driver
requirements and it's a simple one as well. An owner-operator must have:
*A clean driving record
*No DUI's

Jerry Stewart Sr. is the company's recruiting manager and he says that rather than a long list of restrictive driver requirements, he prefers to talk to a prospective owner-operator and get to know the individual.

Personal attention
"At TransStewart Trucking, there is a whole different atmosphere that you can only find with a smaller company. Our owner-operators enjoy that feature of the company and it equates to a good income for them as well."

"We have a policy that if an owner-operator wants to talk to my son or me, they'll be put through to us or we'll get back to them within 24 hours."

"We have owner-operators who have been with us almost as long as we've been in operation and we pride ourselves on our minimal turnover."

tom tinker

Expert Expediter
Tom Tinker Retired Hi new to your forum been reading for awhile.
Transtewart in Osseo Mi. has web site I just typed in thier name.
Good Luck Tom

kwexpress

Veteran Expediter
KW Express
o/o till i die

Menu Choose Menu OptionBOC3 FilingBlanket CompaniesCarrier SearchFMCSA RegisterFeedbackHome PageInsurance FilingMex Application StatusOut Of Service Carriers

Insurance History
US DOT: 824903 Docket Number: MC363125
Legal Name: TRANSTEWART TRUCKING INC.
Form Type Insurance Carrier Policy/Surety Coverage
From Coverage
To Effective
Date
From Effective
Date
To
91X BIPD/Primary SENTRY SELECT INSURANCE COMPANY CT7675605000-001 $0 $750,000 09/12/2000 05/09/2002
Cancelled
91X BIPD/Primary SENTRY SELECT INSURANCE COMPANY CT7675605000-001 $0 $750,000 09/12/2000 04/07/2002
Replaced
91X BIPD/Primary SENTRY SELECT INSURANCE COMPANY CT7675605000-001 $0 $750,000 04/07/2000 09/12/2000
Cancelled
91X BIPD/Primary DIAMOND STATE INSURANCE COMPANY MGA0000015 $0 $1,000,000 04/06/1999 05/17/2000
Cancelled
91X BIPD/Primary DIAMOND STATE INSURANCE COMPANY MGA0000015 $0 $750,000 04/06/1999 04/06/1999
Replaced
34 CARGO NORTHLAND CASUALTY INSURANCE COMPANY TC314198 $0 $5,000* 08/15/2001 09/14/2003
Cancelled
34 CARGO UNDERWRITERS AT LLOYDS LONDON CMP0408 $0 $5,000* 08/15/2000 08/15/2001
Cancelled
34 CARGO UNDERWRITERS AT LLOYDS LONDON ZDT689 $0 $5,000* 07/26/1999 09/11/2000
Cancelled
34 CARGO UNDERWRITERS AT LLOYDS LONDON ZDT689 $0 $5,000* 07/26/1999 08/15/2000
Replaced
* If a carrier is in compliance, the amount of coverage will always be shown as the required Federal minimum ($5,000 per vehicle, $10,000 per occurrence for cargo insurance and $10,000 for bond/trust fund). The carrier may actually have higher levels of coverage.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Carrier Details | Active/Pending Insurance | Rejected Insurance | Authority History | Pending Application | Revocation |

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tuesday , January 03, 2006 at 03:49:54
FMCSA Home | DOT Home | Privacy Policy/Disclaimer | Accessibility | Related Sites | Help

United States Department of Transportation - Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration

kwexpress

Veteran Expediter
KW Express
o/o till i die

SAFER Layout
SAFER Table Layout SAFER Layout
SAFER Layout

Query Result
Information USDOT Number MC/MX Number Name
SAFER Table Layout Enter Value:
SAFER Table Layout

Company Snapshot

TRANSTEWART TRUCKING INC
USDOT Number: 824903

Other Information Options for this carrier
Carrier Information
Other Information for this Carrier

SafeStat Results
Licensing & Insurance

ID/Operations | Inspections/Crashes | Safety Rating | Insurance

Carriers: If you would like to update the following ID/Operations information, please complete and submit form MCS-150 which can be obtained online or from your State FMCSA office. If you would like to challenge the accuracy of your company's safety data, you can do so using FMCSA's DataQs system.

Carrier and other users: FMCSA provides the Company Safety Profile (CSP) to motor carriers and the general public interested in obtaining greater detail on a particular motor carrier's safety performance then what is captured in the Company Snapshot. To obtain a CSP please visit the CSP order page or call (800)832-5660 or (703)280-4001 (Fee Required).

For help on the explanation of individual data fields, click on any field name or for help of a general nature go to SAFER General Help.

The information below reflects the content of the FMCSA management information systems as of 12/29/2005.

SAFER Layout
Entity Type: Carrier
Out of Service (Interstate Only): No Out of Service Date: None
Legal Name: TRANSTEWART TRUCKING INC
DBA Name:
Physical Address: 7880 BIRD LAKE ROAD S
OSSEO, MI 49266-9808
Phone: (517) 567-2265
Mailing Address: 7880 BIRD LAKE ROAD S
OSSEO, MI 49266-9808
USDOT Number: 824903 State Carrier ID Number:
MC or MX Number: 363125
DUNS Number: --
Power Units: 7 Drivers: 7
MCS-150 Form Date: 03/08/2004 MCS-150 Mileage (Year): 490,000 (2003)
Operation Classification:
Operation Classification
SAFER Layout
X Auth. For Hire
Exempt For Hire
X Private(Property)
Priv. Pass. (Business)
SAFER Layout
Priv. Pass.(Non-business)
Migrant
U.S. Mail
Fed. Gov't
SAFER Layout
State Gov't
Local Gov't
Indian Nation

Carrier Operation:
Carrier Operation
SAFER Layout
X Interstate
SAFER Layout
Intrastate Only (HM)
SAFER Layout
Intrastate Only (Non-HM)

Cargo Carried:
Cargo Carried
SAFER Layout
X General Freight
Household Goods
Metal: sheets, coils, rolls
Motor Vehicles
Drive/Tow away
Logs, Poles, Beams, Lumber
Building Materials
Mobile Homes
Machinery, Large Objects
Fresh Produce
SAFER Layout
Liquids/Gases
Intermodal Cont.
Passengers
Oilfield Equipment
Livestock
Grain, Feed, Hay
Coal/Coke
Meat
Garbage/Refuse
US Mail
SAFER Layout
Chemicals
Commodities Dry Bulk
Refrigerated Food
Beverages
Paper Products
Utilities
Agricultural/Farm Supplies
Construction
Water Well
X AUTO PARTS

Inspection results for 24 months prior to: 12/29/2005

Total inspections: 60
Note: Total inspections may be less than the sum of vehicle, driver, and hazmat inspections. Go to Inspections Help for further information.

Inspections:
Inspection Type Vehicle Driver Hazmat
Inspections 51 59 2
Out of Service 5 2 0
Out of Service % 9.8% 3.4% 0%
Nat'l Average %(2003) 22.92% 6.78% 5.26%

Crashes reported to FMCSA by states for 24 months prior to: 12/29/2005

Crashes:
Type Fatal Injury Tow Total
Crashes 0 0 0 0

The Federal safety rating does not necessarily reflect the safety of the carrier when operating in intrastate commerce.

Carrier Safety Rating:

The rating below is current as of: 12/29/2005

Review Information:

Review Information
Rating date: None Review Date: None
Rating: None Type: None

For the most current information on the status of operating authority
and insurance for this carrier, go to the FMCSA Licensing & Insurance site.

SAFER Links

Skip Links | Home | Feedback | Contact | DataQs | FAQ | Accessibility | Privacy Notice | Related Links | Acrobat Reader Download

kwexpress

Veteran Expediter
KW Express
o/o till i die

there is a couple of things I dont understand

while they have had 60 roadside inspections they must not have had any in-house safety reviews cause they have no safety rating.

as an owner operator I would be careful because there mcs-150 shows

7 trucks all company owned with company company drivers.

so to me it looks like the owner/op thing is new to them.

authority was revolked once most likely because he didnt pay his insurance on time because it was reinstated a few days after.

but for insurance to be revolked the insurer sends a notice to the fmcsa and they notify the carrier they have 30 days to come into compliance or the authority will be revolked.

the insurer still will have to pay any claims in that 30 day period.
but only for vehicles listed on the policy.

if you notice that a carrier changes insurance companies after such notice then they probabley screwed they insurer out of that months premium. if he had 7 company trucks at the time I would say he was about 4,000 short one month and got a free ride the next month while he was shopping around for a new insurer.

there is also some gaps in his insurance dont know why yet im still searching

so if I was an owner op that leased on to them here is a few things I would do

after orientation I would call the insurance agent listed on the accord certificate and make sure he had me listed on the policy.
and I would do that before I hauled my first load.

Insurane cost the carrier x amount of dollars for each unit per year
most insurance companies will give the carrier a couple of weeks to pay the down-payment for trucks they are adding once the initial policy is in effect.

I would ask him for some names of owner/ops that have been with him for more than a month or 2 before I even considerd leasing on.

if there are any then he may falsified his mcs-150 or just not updated it.

that would bring me back to the question of why hasnt he had any in-house inspections?

arent all carriers supposed to have an in-house within the first 2 years of operation?

to me it just looks like hes had some ups and downs like any carrier
but I would want to talk to some other owner/ops that work for him.not company drivers

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
I guess I feel mr/mz kewexpr is typing some highly speculative brown from the rectal aperture. I would take that speculation with a grain of salt - check that, a tablespoon of salt.

horseman

Expert Expediter
much of the information listed on the govt safty site is not correct. for example, TranStewart has never done business with Diamond Insurance co. Listed coverages are wrong also. I have heard of another TranSteweart Trucking that was doing business at one time (maybe still are), maybe thats the source of the misinformation.
Some of Mr. kw's assumtions are wrong. TranStewart is a totally 100% owner operator company and has been for many years. Also, contrary to his false conclusion, TranStewart has never burned any insurance company for any premiums owed. The cancellation of which he refers was due to the company changing insurers. ( when a new company assumes coverage, the old files a cancellation with the gov't as required by law.
At any rate, any questions can be answered by calling the company. No need to guess.
Be careful out there!
Jerry Sr.

tec1959

Expert Expediter
Horseman (Mr.Stewart) Thanks for the reply I know there's always 2 sides to every story,I also have heard of a Stewart Trucking Company which could make alot of the Information misleading.I also think KWExpress was trying to give Information to help others on the site and did not mean to mislead anyone,KWExpress has been around for awhile and Is full of great Information.*Also Mr.Stewart thanks for coming on and telling your side,That Is very rare today to hear from the owner or manager of a company.....Thanks Alot and good luck.....It shows you only want the correct Infomation out to others....

dvpmis

Expert Expediter
Hey Everyone,

I want to thank each of you for your comments, this was the first time I have used this forum for any reason and am thourghly impressed.

I feel I have enough information to know that Transtewart trucking is a company that will get you the information you need. Mr. J. Stewart's comments have confirmed to me that they are dedicated to, not only their current O/O but to those potential O/O as well.

I am going to give them a call and take it to the next level.

Thanks again all of you.

Ted
DVPMIS

tom tinker

Expert Expediter
>much of the information listed on the govt safty site is not
>correct. for example, TranStewart has never done business
>with Diamond Insurance co. Listed coverages are wrong also.
> I have heard of another TranSteweart Trucking that was
>doing business at one time (maybe still are), maybe thats
>the source of the misinformation.
> Some of Mr. kw's assumtions are wrong. TranStewart is a
>totally 100% owner operator company and has been for many
>years. Also, contrary to his false conclusion, TranStewart
>has never burned any insurance company for any premiums
>owed. The cancellation of which he refers was due to the
>company changing insurers. ( when a new company assumes
>coverage, the old files a cancellation with the gov't as
>required by law.
> At any rate, any questions can be answered by calling
>the company. No need to guess.
> Be careful out there!
> Jerry Sr.
VERY GOOD MAKES ME PROUD TRANSTEWART IS A MI> COMPANY. THX Jerry Sr.
Tom Tinker Retired

kwexpress

Veteran Expediter
KW Express
o/o till i die

It was just info from www.safersys.org

your right I did draw a few conclusions mean no harm.if your an adult its up to you to investigate and see for yourself.

I have filled many different shoes in this industry from driver,recruiter,dispatcher and owner of my own authority.

I once worked as a independent dispatcher for a motor carrier and
one day I started to get these calls that bob "the owner" didnt pay this operator or that one and the list went on and on

So I brung up safer to start tracking down his process agents
to tell them who could take the papers for law suits against him

well anyway when I put in the MC number it come back to some guy in PA but bob was out of TX.

So I contact this guy in PA to ask him if he knows bob and he proceeds to tell me yes that he did give bob permission to use his authority to run 2 trucks that bob owned but bob had moved to TX and he had just found out that bob was running 15 trucks under his authority but was only paying insurance for the 2 he owned and was just giving drivers copies of his accord certificates.

So if you dont think this kind of crap goes on in this industry your wrong.I am not targeting transtewart dont know them from adam.
All Im saying is you should investigate any small carrier before hauling any loads for them.

there are many advantages to working for a small carrier.But trucking is no small biz.

I can do many things that a large carrier cant for there owner ops
when you guys gripe because your setting for days im still running
but I couldnt do that for 200 trucks I would be lucky to do it for 10
there just isnt enough hours in the day that I could do it for more than that.But Im very happy now and so are the drivers in my trucks
thats all that really matters.

I have no beef with transtewart I am truely independant so dont care to cut them out they are no competitor of mime.

good luck to you all

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Kewe: My problem is - why would you draw upon your past and suggest stories out of school?? Beings you know all the underhanded angles ,do you practice any?? Regardless, most of us are adults here, information is needed and BS should walk. There will always be shysters, but, not anywhere near all of us. I feel there is a BIG apology due Transtewart, unless you choose to share something concrete, that is good info. BTW do you put yourself in the same category as the rest of we small carriers. Shysters?