Transit Review @ 47K

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just got my 2015 long tall Transit back today from my selling dealer. Had a 47,000 mile 99 point inspection done along with an oil change and tire rotation. The dealer found nothing that was wrong! The brakes looked new, the shocks looked new. The air filter wasn't even dirty yet. So at 47K, I've had absolutely no warranty work done, no vehicle issues and it's been a blast to drive with the 3.5 ecoboost engine. Been averaging mid to upper 17 mpg range, but I tend to enjoy (abuse) the acceleration and power available. I also like running just over the limits at 72-73 mph.

So far I'm 99% happy with what Ford has built for a Sprinter type van. I never knew what I was missing by not having the height and length available. Just being able to stand up straight and walk around inside is enough of an advantage for me, plus I've gotten a lot of loads that never would have fit in my old Express CV. Just wondering how the other Transit owners have been doing with their vans?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's great, overall they seem to be good vehicles. Wish they were just a bit longer. I do know someone who is getting the transmission replaced at 41,000 and no it wasn't abused. Just back luck I think.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've only got 20,000 miles on mine and no mechanical problems. I do question some of the annoying little things the engineers at Ford came up with like the placement of the parking brake lever and the inside, rear door latch. Another 10 inches or so of wheelbase would be nice also. No deal breakers, but its the little things that...

Yes it is great to be able to stand up inside my van! I figure when I leave expediting it won't be in a blaze of glory but I will go out standing up, not on my knees!

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've only got 20,000 miles on mine and no mechanical problems. I do question some of the annoying little things the engineers at Ford came up with like the placement of the parking brake lever and the inside, rear door latch. Another 10 inches or so of wheelbase would be nice also. No deal breakers, but its the little things that...

Yes it is great to be able to stand up inside my van! I figure when I leave expediting it won't be in a blaze of glory but I will go out standing up, not on my knees!

Yes, there are certain annoying things but like you said, their livable. Overall, I'm very pleased with my choice on vans. I really do wish the inside cargo area was about a foot longer.

bigdogg

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I dropped off at Fords awhile back and was told that they were making some big changes come 2017. Front wheel or all wheel drive was one, and I asked if they were going to go to 170 model and he thought they were. Might be something to check into.