Trans Alliance Bank - Flying J

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We signed up at the Louisville Truck for our Flying J card. We have been really happy with our new card and not having to pay all the ComData fees. It is really nice at the end of the month to get an interest paid amount instead of all the fee's associated with ComData. We transfer money directly from our back account to our TAB account online. We tried to transfer from our ComData account to the TAB account but had to pay a fee to first load the card and then had to pay another transfer fee. Lots easier to set up a direct transfer bank to bank. Prefer the showers at the J then anywhere else.

kinilu57

Expert Expediter
Linda, We tried to shower at the J in Ruther Glen, VA and thought it would work like all the rest of the Truckstops. Swiped our card for a shower ticket, then went to the desk for a co-driver ticket. She told us she would have to take another one off our card. What is up with that? She stood there and took the rest the money off our card and then asked for $6.50. We left. I wasn't paying for a co-driver shower when we had free showers on our Pilot. (The Pilot at Ruther Glen is filthy, by the way). Do all the Flying Js take 2 showers at a time? I know you and Bob use one, but is that why? I thought all the truckstops gave free co-driver showeres. Anybody know the facts??????

Cindy and Brian
D6084

ATeam

Retired Expediter
If only Flying J took Comdata too. :'(

But they don't, so we've taken a close look at TAB bank too. We'll probably go for it but the one thing that gives us pause is the lack of privacy guarantees in the fine print. Indeed if you read it, you'll find that you are agreeing to let Flying J do virtually anything they wish with the information you provide, and even with your credit transactions too.

Even so, we'll likely open a TAB bank account and use the Flying J fuel card program(s). More than most corporations in America, Flying J gets it about the value of their customers' transaction information and the use of it to produce more sales and economies of scale. Recognizing that value, Flying J is highly unlikely to share that information with anyone else.

bernieh48

Veteran Expediter
We use the TAB bank account too and it has been great for us. We have udes it for over a year. We are only drivers for a fleet owner and that is also how we get our weekly paycheck from the owner. So much easier that waiting on a mailed check to the house and all the hassles to go along with that. You can do transfers off of your comdata card but like someone said on here you still have you initial fee to load you comdata card. There is no fee however from comdata to PDCA card though. So if you take advances from your compnay for your loads you are already paying the .50 fee to load it from them. Then all you have to do is register a comcheck number directly to your card via an 800 number. Quick and easy. We use it as our only bank account and have gained quite a bit of interest with it. Plus you still get the cash price and the J fuel pumps. We have also had family wire transfer money into it with ease as well. So I highly recommend it.

Coco

Seasoned Expediter
>Linda, We tried to shower at the J in Ruther Glen, VA and
>thought it would work like all the rest of the Truckstops.
>Swiped our card for a shower ticket, then went to the desk
>for a co-driver ticket. She told us she would have to take
>another one off our card. What is up with that? She stood
>there and took the rest the money off our card and then
>asked for $6.50. We left. I wasn't paying for a co-driver
>shower when we had free showers on our Pilot. (The Pilot at
>Ruther Glen is filthy, by the way). Do all the Flying Js
>take 2 showers at a time? I know you and Bob use one, but
>is that why? I thought all the truckstops gave free
>co-driver showeres. Anybody know the facts??????
>
>
>Cindy and Brian
>D6084

You need to have two cards and have them linked. The cashiers can do this for you. You will receive your second card in the mail. From that point when you shower at a J just use the express card reader in the lounge, swipe the first card then the second. You will only have used one shower using this method.

are12

Expert Expediter
We also use TAB for our fueling. When we first started in the business, we would try and bring enough cash to last us for at least a month (we know, it is stupid to carry that amount of cash) but we hated to pay the bank charges at the ATM's. Then we ran into a couple that has been out here for many years and they told us about TAB. And since we fuel at the J's, it was worth looking into. Now I just have to call TAB and have them transfer money from my bank at home.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Another way is to get personal check OK from the J. FECC direct deposits to our account. We buy fuel and can get up to $200.00 cash.
with this method there are no fees,or cash tied up by loading a certain amount on their card.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
In addition to what COCO said about two J cards being linked, you also get a beverage on your frequent fuel card for each of the cards, driver and co-driver.

For the vans: Buy Diesel or Gasoline at the 4 wheeler or RV pumps at Flying J and get credit for 1/2 shower and 1/2 beverage for each 20 gallon purchase. Fuel twice and you've got a shower and a lousy cup of coffee.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I was told that 2 people can be signed on as co-users of the same account, (the frequent fuel card, not the bank acct), without being related, or codrivers, and each gets credit when either buys fuel. Does anyone know if this is true?

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
Cheri:

If you have ony one frequent fueler card, go to the nearest Flying J, find a kiosk that is not out of order, and apply for a frequent fueler card for Garcia. Take the paper receipt to the fule desk and hand your card an paper receipt to the clerk. Ask the clerk to LINK the two cards. Now every time you get a 1/2 shower and 1/2 beverage on your account, your co-driver will get an equal benefit on his account. If Garcia moves on to a taller woman, he can take his account with him and link with the new driver; you may do the same with your new co-driver, jubilee.

Use only your card at the pump. Only you will get the FF food stamps

ATeam

Retired Expediter
>If you have ony one frequent fueler card, go to the nearest
>Flying J, find a kiosk that is not out of order

Too funny, and all too true.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Terry, I really don't expect Garcia to go anywhere without me, but it's good to know - life is full of surprises...Thanks! :)