This is why you shouldn’t drive slow in the left lane

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What I find amusing is the motorist in the big hurry will ride the bumper of the clueless moron blocking the left lane, eventually passing on the right and instantly cutting back into the left lane even though there is no immediate traffic in the right lane. This maneuver is usually conducted without the use of a turn signal and often causes the clueless moron to hit the brakes. I guess it's an "I'll teach you not to drive in my lane" show of power. Both drivers are a danger to each other and everyone that shares the road with them!

Ftransit

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Saw signs the other day...
Left Lane for Passing
Center Lane for Traveling
Right Lane for Turning

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm not the fastest or the slowest on the road, when I pass I will move back to the right lane when it is safe, however I find that there are a lot of people who don't have the patience to wait until I am far enough in front of the car I just passed so they dart around me on the right as soon as they can. Other than me sliding in 5 feet in front of the car I just passed what can I do different?

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: Greg

Ftransit

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I agree other drivers are just too impatient to let you complete your pass in a safe manner...so i too sometimes end up being the person stuck in the left lane. Frustrating!

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm not the fastest or the slowest on the road, when I pass I will move back to the right lane when it is safe, however I find that there are a lot of people who don't have the patience to wait until I am far enough in front of the car I just passed so they dart around me on the right as soon as they can. Other than me sliding in 5 feet in front of the car I just passed what can I do different?

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

I usually turn my signal on before I clear the vehicle I am passing. It's no guarantee the one behind you will wait, but it will let them know your intentions before they can shoot the gap.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Go rally start a no left lane driving slow movement in the state of Virginia. They don't realize that it is actually a passing lane. The police have these people scard with the radar detectors are illegal and everything else they do to create fear amongst the citizens here. Virginia is for the intimidated. Bout to push 1600 out of here :)

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Lawrence - you are my hero! Obviously safety is very important to me but improper left lane usage presses my buttons - especially if the inconsiderate person who is unaware of the law (did you not learn this in Drivers Education?) is busy with their own personal agenda talking on a cell phone, texting, doing makeup, eating a bowl of cereal, talking to their passenger or any other number of things that should be done while their vehicle is stopped.