The Trump Card...

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
The term wet back came from Mexicans from Mexico who did the back stroke across the reo grand to keep a spare set of close dry so they wouldn't be notices by border patrol

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
I have no issue with the term "illegal" whatever. They have broken the law, and are here illegally.

My issue is the racial terms ....... 'nuff said from me.
Actually, that would be good. As far as i'm concerned you ruined a perfectly good and informative/interesting thread by calling out a poster with your leftie tantrum.
Huh. Me a leftie. Hardly. I just have a problem with racial terms.

I dunno. If it talks like a Duck, and walks like a Duck, then it must be a....................

Yowpuggy

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
You really want to be careful about insulting other members. Especially when it's an opinion backed up by exactly zero facts.

I don't. It's a classic tactic of "If you won't think like me, you're the enemy, therefore I must demonize you as much as possible to make me feel better about myself so that I can more easily and quickly hate you."

Everybody is a little bit racist, whether they will admit it or not. It's built into the DNA and the evolutionary process. The reality is, however, very, very few people are even as remotely racist as liberals so desperately try to paint conservatives. Ironically, it's the liberals who demonstrate the most racism in the broadest manner by constantly trying to put different races and ethnic groups into separate, neat little categories. Diversity itself, which liberals hold so near and dear, is literally defined as being separate, distinctly un-alike groups of people.

Snowflake - An overly sensitive person, typically but not exclusively liberal/progressive, incapable of dealing with any opinions that differ from their own. Usually lash out with demonizing name-calling of those with differing opinions.

That's the problem with racial and ethnic slurs, as those who are easily offended by such terms (and generally anyone on the Left) are offended by the terms in any and all cases, even when no actual or intent of racism exists on the part of the user of such terms. That's where political correctness is used to censor speech and stifle thought.

Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race or ethnic group in and of itself isn't even racism. In order for there to be genuine racism, prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism alone is not enough, it must be accompanied with the belief that one's own race or ethnic group is superior to another. The use of the term "wetback" as a descriptive function of language to convey meaning isn't in and of itself racist. It's likely offensive to most Mexicans, though, so it probably shouldn't be used simply as a matter of civility and common courtesy. But if it's used to convey the meaning of an illegal immigrant, and not to convey the meaning of inferiority, then it cannot be racist, regardless of how much offense one may take from it. If used in a demeaning and or derogatory manner, then it's a problem.

The Trump Card...

I dunno. If it talks like a Duck, and walks like a Duck, then it must be a....................

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You really want to be careful about insulting other members. Especially when it's an opinion backed up by exactly zero facts.

I don't. It's a classic tactic of "If you won't think like me, you're the enemy, therefore I must demonize you as much as possible to make me feel better about myself so that I can more easily and quickly hate you."

Everybody is a little bit racist, whether they will admit it or not. It's built into the DNA and the evolutionary process. The reality is, however, very, very few people are even as remotely racist as liberals so desperately try to paint conservatives. Ironically, it's the liberals who demonstrate the most racism in the broadest manner by constantly trying to put different races and ethnic groups into separate, neat little categories. Diversity itself, which liberals hold so near and dear, is literally defined as being separate, distinctly un-alike groups of people.

Snowflake - An overly sensitive person, typically but not exclusively liberal/progressive, incapable of dealing with any opinions that differ from their own. Usually lash out with demonizing name-calling of those with differing opinions.

That's the problem with racial and ethnic slurs, as those who are easily offended by such terms (and generally anyone on the Left) are offended by the terms in any and all cases, even when no actual or intent of racism exists on the part of the user of such terms. That's where political correctness is used to censor speech and stifle thought.

Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race or ethnic group in and of itself isn't even racism. In order for there to be genuine racism, prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism alone is not enough, it must be accompanied with the belief that one's own race or ethnic group is superior to another. The use of the term "wetback" as a descriptive function of language to convey meaning isn't in and of itself racist. It's likely offensive to most Mexicans, though, so it probably shouldn't be used simply as a matter of civility and common courtesy. But if it's used to convey the meaning of an illegal immigrant, and not to convey the meaning of inferiority, then it cannot be racist, regardless of how much offense one may take from it. If used in a demeaning and or derogatory manner, then it's a problem.

The Trump Card...

Yeah, well, dismissive witty repartee notwithstanding, this serves as an official notice to stop insulting other members by calling them names, otherwise you're gonna be what one duck does to another duck.

Learn the difference between "You're a racist" and "I think you're a racist." One is an unsubstantiated allegation that can get you Suspended or Banned, while the other is an ownership of opinion that is merely a reflection of the speaker.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have no issue with the term "illegal" whatever. They have broken the law, and are here illegally.

My issue is the racial terms ....... 'nuff said from me.
What racial terms do you have issues with?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You're just plain racist.
Its easy to ferret out racists. First, if you are white there is a 50/50 chance you are a racist or a liberal. If you didn't vote for Barrack Obama in 2008 you are probably a racist. If you didn't vote for Barrack Obama in 2012 you blew your shot at redemption. You are most certainly a racist.

If you didn't vote for Hillary Clinton or Jill Stein in 2016 and never voted for Barrack Obama, you are a sexist racist.

Colonel, care to share your voting record with Yowpuggy? We'll see what side of your pork chop is seasoned.

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
I don't get it I grew up on air force bases all over the world
We all were the same growing up
Its sposta be all men and women are created equal
Now where did we go wrong

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Progressive liberal identity politics, and victimhood.

This big-deal Women's March on Washington that's to take place on Jan 21 as supposed to be about protesting that nasty, nasty sexist misogynist Trump and his treatment of women (you know, because he called all women nasty and all women fat pigs and grabbed women by the kittens after they let him do it), but upon opportunistic reflection, that isn't good enough. Women - not enough of the right kind of victims. It's like the Occupy Wall Street protests that started off with a singular purpose any quickly devolved into a fractured group of gimmie-gimmies all wanting their own particular slice of the pie.

The leadership of the March (white woman, white woman) were quickly overran by others wanting to push their own identity politics agenda (black woman, black woman, Latina woman, Palestinian-American Muslim woman) known as intersectionality. Intersectionality is like multiculturalism, but within oppressed and discriminated groups. Like, 'people of color' within LGBTQ movements, who face not only LGBTQ discrimination, but it's even worse because they're not white, or women within immigration movements who have it worse because just because. and trans women within feminist movements, because they weren't born with Fallopian tubes, and people with disabilities fighting police abuse because it wouldn't be as bad if they were white.

Basically, sexism becomes even more badder when you combine it with racism or some other kind of ism, and we need to address that at the fundamental level. As a result, on the Facebook page of the organizers, one of the new leaders of the organizers, a 27 year old black woman named ShiShi Rose, wrote, talking to white women specifically, "Now is the time for you to be listening more, talking less. You should be reading our books and understanding the roots of racism and white supremacy. Listening to our speeches. You should be drowning yourselves in our poetry."

Ms. Rose said in an interview that the intention of the post was not to "weed people out but rather to make them understand that they had a lot of learning to do. I needed them to understand that they don’t just get to join the march and not check their privilege constantly,” she said.

One woman among many who have canceled their plans to participate in the march wrote back, "How do you know that I’m not reading black poetry? The last thing that is going to make me endeared to you, to know you and love you more, is if you are sitting there wagging your finger at me just because I'm white."

So what started off as a protest against Trump has become a contest as to who's the most victimized victim in the victimhood of identity politics.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Progressive liberal identity politics, and victimhood.

This big-deal Women's March on Washington that's to take place on Jan 21 as supposed to be about protesting that nasty, nasty sexist misogynist Trump and his treatment of women (you know, because he called all women nasty and all women fat pigs and grabbed women by the kittens after they let him do it), but upon opportunistic reflection, that isn't good enough. Women - not enough of the right kind of victims. It's like the Occupy Wall Street protests that started off with a singular purpose any quickly devolved into a fractured group of gimmie-gimmies all wanting their own particular slice of the pie.

The leadership of the March (white woman, white woman) were quickly overran by others wanting to push their own identity politics agenda (black woman, black woman, Latina woman, Palestinian-American Muslim woman) known as intersectionality. Intersectionality is like multiculturalism, but within oppressed and discriminated groups. Like, 'people of color' within LGBTQ movements, who face not only LGBTQ discrimination, but it's even worse because they're not white, or women within immigration movements who have it worse because just because. and trans women within feminist movements, because they weren't born with Fallopian tubes, and people with disabilities fighting police abuse because it wouldn't be as bad if they were white.

Basically, sexism becomes even more badder when you combine it with racism or some other kind of ism, and we need to address that at the fundamental level. As a result, on the Facebook page of the organizers, one of the new leaders of the organizers, a 27 year old black woman named ShiShi Rose, wrote, talking to white women specifically, "Now is the time for you to be listening more, talking less. You should be reading our books and understanding the roots of racism and white supremacy. Listening to our speeches. You should be drowning yourselves in our poetry."

Ms. Rose said in an interview that the intention of the post was not to "weed people out but rather to make them understand that they had a lot of learning to do. I needed them to understand that they don’t just get to join the march and not check their privilege constantly,” she said.

One woman among many who have canceled their plans to participate in the march wrote back, "How do you know that I’m not reading black poetry? The last thing that is going to make me endeared to you, to know you and love you more, is if you are sitting there wagging your finger at me just because I'm white."

So what started off as a protest against Trump has become a contest as to who's the most victimized victim in the victimhood of identity politics.
Hell Honey...I ain't no victim! lol