The Power Of One in October

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Soooo, The "Expedite" Division is now "Solutions"?

That makes perfect sense and isn't confusing at all.

Points to whoever made the timely edits on the Web page to reflect that, though. :)

Ok, that is really is the customer service team and that is where the email address has been forwarded too for a long time. They are just killing it to clean up the systems and reduce the number of boxes and sorting. So no real change. Solutions team is what we have called customer service and support for years now.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Over the last 5 years even when Load One didn't require it, I still had mine inspected once a year at my regular mechanic shop. Not the Sprinter guy at the dealer, as the Dodge dealer never does DOT inspections. My regular mechanic shop, not only do they know my Sprinter very well, but they also do a lot of DOT inspections on big trucks, as well as the inspections on the city police and county sheriff vehicles. When I bring mine in for an inspection, they know I'm not just looking for a pass, but that I'm looking for what is in need of repair, and what might be the next thing to go to the top of the list to start thinking about. They're also really good about giving it a good once-over whenever I have it in there for most anything.

Passed my Sprinter "DOT inspection". My lights and horn still work. Am I really getting charged for this?

If I didn't need work on my QC, I would have been very unhappy coming in for this "inspection".

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Soooo, The "Expedite" Division is now "Solutions"?

That makes perfect sense and isn't confusing at all.

Points to whoever made the timely edits on the Web page to reflect that, though. :)

I'm afraid of that word.
I'm guessing (and it's a pure guess on my part) that no one in particular is tasked with checking the expedite@ email address, so they get emails that no one ever sees, for a long time. Changing it to solutions@, which is the Customer Solutions contact for customers, will ensure that expedite emails get looked at in a timely fashion.

I think a better way to handle it, instead of just deactivating or not looking at the expedite@ mailbox, would be to configure expedite@ as an alias of solutions@, so that anything sent to expedite@ would just automatically to go the solutions@ email box, anyway.

Failing that, expedite@ needs to be truly deactivated so that mails sent to it will bounce, alerting the sender that they really really need to change the address in their email client's address book. I don't know that I've ever sent anything to the expedite@ mailbox. Any time I've emailed something, other than to admin@, I send it to an individual person.

It has been forwarded for a long time. Customers misuse it or will email both solutions and expedite. Well then the email management system has to have both emails processed by someone and closed out. So yes by finally shutting it down we fix that problem. So many customers have like email lists they send too that we have finally relented that we are not going to get the balance to change any other way.

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
My QC is doing something weird. When it fires up (on it's own or with the ignition) it works fine... for a while. The Home, Workflow, Screen Brightness and other large buttons on the right side of the unit work, as does the pop-out keyboard. But after a couple of hours or so those large buttons and the pop-out keyboard stop working. I have to use the touchscreen for everything. Invariably, I'll start 'er up, Arrive and the shipper and Depart using the large buttons and the keyboard, then by the time I get to the delivery I'm stuck with the touchscreen.

I can't figure out how to change the screen brightness using the touchscreen, though.

I just went to edit the expedite@ email address in Gmail and it wasn't there. So, I don't think I've ever sent anything to that address. :)

BTW, Sunday afternoon I picked up a load from Fox Sports at Lincoln Financial Field (Philadelphia Eagles stadium) a couple of hours after the game ended. Eagles fans are just crazy. The game ended around 4PM and I was there at 5PM for the 6PM pickup and they were still tailgating like they were waiting for another game. Place was nuts. But, I got an awesome cheeseburger from a nice group of crazy people after I gave them the nickel tour of the Sprinter.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My QC is doing something weird. When it fires up (on it's own or with the ignition) it works fine... for a while. The Home, Workflow, Screen Brightness and other large buttons on the right side of the unit work, as does the pop-out keyboard. But after a couple of hours or so those large buttons and the pop-out keyboard stop working. I have to use the touchscreen for everything. Invariably, I'll start 'er up, Arrive and the shipper and Depart using the large buttons and the keyboard, then by the time I get to the delivery I'm stuck with the touchscreen.

My QC has done that before, plus a host of other irritating things as of today. Shop installed a new connector cord to the QC unit and did a "hard reboot", which so far seems to have corrected all my issues

guido4475

Not a Member
My quallcomm reminds me of a bi-polar ex girlfriend. ..I never know what to expect next.....I just deal with it. ..lol...changed the oil, filter, greased the van, replaced the alternator, belt, belt tensioner, idler pulley today...spark plugs, gas filter, wash the air filter and a few other things and it will be ready for winter...
705e4f4739459baac3e676d80287f95e.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: RoadTime

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I always find proper maintenance to be cheaper then breakdowns. A good shop manager once told me....if you look at it grease is cheap in the big picture.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

My QC has done that before, plus a host of other irritating things as of today. Shop installed a new connector cord to the QC unit and did a "hard reboot", which so far seems to have corrected all my issues
Matt (I think it was) from the shop called me yesterday and told me it might be a fuse in the line that can cause a relay to stay open after a period of time (I think that was the gist of it, he woke me up). He sent a command to do a reset and said that will probably fix it. It usually does. If not, we'll fix the fuse. I'll find out today whether it worked.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A few bolts using a easy out, I finally got the cover off and replaced the camshaft sensor. Torx bolts should not strip out, the two were rusted inside the bolt head. Easy job? Sure!

guido4475

Not a Member
I always find proper maintenance to be cheaper then breakdowns. A good shop manager once told me....if you look at it grease is cheap in the big picture.
Dad always said the same thing, that grease is cheaper than parts. I had a friend who never did anything to his truck. never even washed it. What a tragedy. He had a water pump belt go bad on his 3126 Cat engine. They had a serpentine belt, except for the water pump. it was separate...And it was smaller than the harmonic balancer that it had to go over. Unless you flip it around, and carefully slide it over the harmonic balancer. Anyways, it ended up costing him over 500 bucks for a tow to a shop over a 15 dollar belt. Crazy. The parts that I replaced yesterday, the oil, filter, grease, alternator, belt, tensioner and idler pulley cost around $260.00 and 3 hours of my time. The parts had close to 200k on them. How long can we expect parts to last? While washing the K&N/Spectre air filter last night, I noticed some pieces starting to come off. I e-mailed them, and this morning, they asked me for pictures, receipt, etc, and they are over-nighting a new one out to me, covered under warranty. Maybe I am too anal about my maintenance. But I like the peace of mind knowing that everything is right.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
One run so far this week. No loads out of Houston on Saturday, Sunday or Monday. Relocate to Laredo on Monday night. Got a load from McAllen to Atlanta on Tuesday. Delivered in Atlanta on Wednesday at 1330. Sitting for 23 hours in Atlanta so far with one truck ahead of us. This has not been a good week so far. I'm hoping we don't make it to the top of that list again.

Sent from my XT1254 using EO Forums mobile app

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
My scanner has developed a black line down the middle of the page. Soooo, gonna have to have that looked at.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My scanner has developed a black line down the middle of the page. Soooo, gonna have to have that looked at.

Normally when that happens on mine, running the cleaning paper and recalibration sheet takes care of it. Other times it just went away

Reactions: jelliott

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
My qc is in danger of committing suicide. For a moment I felt like I was driving for FedEx CC with their incessant questions. Almost every time I would take a brake my phone would ring and I would be asked: 'Are you moving?' Or, 'I see you stopped, everything ok?'

Yesterday it wasn't quite that bad, but it brought back memories. So, I showed at the pu, sent the qc message, an hour later I got loaded, put the info in and I was about to hit the road when I get a call. The conversation went something like this:

'Are you at the shipper?'
My answer: 'Yes, been here for an hour, loaded and ready to hit the road.'
The nice man asked me sort of sarcastically: 'Have you let anybody know?'
I was a bit surprised at the question and I answered: 'Who was I supposed to let know?'
The answer: 'Load One.'
My answer: 'I put everything in the qc.....'
'Nothing came through....'

Then after every one of the 3 deliveries I made last night I would get a call because nothing went through the qc. Every time a different dispatcher would ask me to give them pod to update the system cause nothing went through. I was contemplating to just unplug the whole piece of crap cause it was useless anyway, but apparently they were still able to track me.

It's amazing how much extra stress something like this put on me. I need to call Matt to see if he can do something about this.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk