The Expedite Numbers Game

chillout

Administrator
Staff member
On Time Media Staff
A Number of Variables in the Expediting Equation

Is Expediting just like everything else in life – all about the numbers? Which numbers matter and which ones don't? What numbers should be used to analyze this industry, which numbers don't apply to the industry? What numbers make it right for others and what numbers make it right for you? Tracking your numbers will help you make intelligent, educated business decisions and also enable you to speak intelligently with others in the industry. You can count on that tracking your numbers will make you a better business person – and your bottom line number should look brighter.

READ MORE...

Reactions: JohnMueller

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
One of biggest issues is running your unit when loading and unloading.
If your not using lift gate shut unit off, your using 1.5 gal's of fuel a hour
All units that have a sleeper should have genset on it, in 2 years or less you will start getting your money back. When I had my western star had a gen set , in 4 years saved $4,000 , in maintance. Gen set used 3 gal in 24 hours , instead of 1.5 gal's per hour add numder's up
Some state's have no running of unit law's
When it is cool out put windows down , window shad's in windows, park in shade etc

Reactions: TDave and Mailer

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A Number of Variables in the Expediting Equation

Is Expediting just like everything else in life – all about the numbers? Which numbers matter and which ones don't? What numbers should be used to analyze this industry, which numbers don't apply to the industry? What numbers make it right for others and what numbers make it right for you? Tracking your numbers will help you make intelligent, educated business decisions and also enable you to speak intelligently with others in the industry. You can count on that tracking your numbers will make you a better business person – and your bottom line number should look brighter.

READ MORE...

I couldn't agree more. I heard it from somewhere that numbers ruled just about everything. Personally, I believed once we have the basic numbers, we can begin analyzing and manipulate them to our own advantage.

Reactions: TDave