The Bluegrass Sweethearts

David Lee Mayfield

New Recruit
Hello,
We are David and Valerie Mayfield "The Bluegrass Sweethearts" We are new to expediting but experienced road travelers. We spent many years touring in a 1956 Flxible bus that was previously owned by, Ferlin Husky, Kitty Wells, Bill Monroe, and Lonzo and Oscar. Bill Monroe named it "The Bluegrass Breakdown", and it lived up to it's name.

Our children grew up up on the road playing music with the family band, but now they both have major record deals and tour the country and Europe with their own bands. Jessica Lea Mayfield and The David Mayfield Parade have both been on David Letterman and have performed many times on National television shows.

For the last two years Valerie and I have been touring as a dynamic bluegrass duo, and really enjoy our time together on the road. After doing a lot of research we have decided to go into owner/operator expediting with Mayfield Express in a class 8 straight truck with a reefer box. With expediting between shows we can play our shows on the weekends and make extra money during the week delivering freight.

You can check out our music and schedule at http://www.davidandvaleriemayfield.com/, David and Valerie Mayfield on facebook, David Lee Mayfield and Valerie Fay Mayfield on facebook. There are many videos of us and our children on You Tube We plan to make a lot of videos documenting our adventures of expediting and playing music. We will call it our "Mayfield Express Bluegrass Tour"mayfield express bluegrass.jpg . Thanks for reading this and any advise or comments are welcome.

David and Valerie Mayfield

David Lee Mayfield

New Recruit
The Welcome Center
First time here, or an established member who'd like to more 'formally' introduce yourself? Step in here and let the EO community know something about you!
I was thinking that this being my first post in the Welcome Center that perhaps someone would say "Welcome to EO"? Hope to see you on the road? Valerie and I will be driving for Mayfield Express and Bruno and I have the same first and last name with different middle names.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Welcome to EO! I knew from the photo that you're not our Bruno, but it is kind of confusing, what with the same name, and signing on with Mayfield Express, lol.
I do look forward to seeing you somewhere out there - love music, in all kinds of styles.

Reactions: Bruno

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Ragman, I bet you thought this " did Bruno lose a lot of weight?"

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Welcome to EO! Bluegrass music is as necessary to contentment as food, water and air. Watching new Bluegrass talent emerge is especially fun. If you like seeing the younger generation pursue this style of music, you're gonna like these girls:

From 2009:

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
The Mayfield's sadly have made the choice not to drive at this time. The music business and driving between gigs may have been the reason why.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The Mayfield's sadly have made the choice not to drive at this time. The music business and driving between gigs may have been the reason why.

Looking at their schedule, I was wondering how they were going to pull that off. Nice idea, but I would think a difficult challenge to pull off in this industry.