Cargo Van TA/Petro rewards card

Everything Apax

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Who on here actively uses the TA/Petro rewards program for points/showers in vans? What process do u go through to redeem pts? The card for vans has always been a hassle. I was emailing my receipts for the past couple years but the person I was dealing with has been promoted and the person taking her place says corporate no longer will add pts directly, that we must go through the second chance swipe process. He claims the clerks are more informed and better trained in doing the 2nd chance swipe. It's a big hassle at times and shouldn't be. Yes, there are times all goes smoothly but there shouldn't be as many problems being a loyalty program. Anyone have suggestions on how we can address this with higher ups? I don't want to do pilot and the j but am leaning that way seeing how their rewards are much simpler. Any info is much appreciated.

Reactions: neilblack

hazmat

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Unfortunately it hasn't improved much :(
The clerks are not "more informed" or "better trained" when it comes to second chance...
We just save our receipts and when we find one (TA/ Petro) that has a good person that understands the process, we have them do all the ones we have saved up...

The nice thing about the TA/Petro Program is you earn points for your fuel purchase plus shower credits as where the "Hook" just gives you shower credits (that expire)...

Reactions: Everything Apax

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The nice thing about the TA/Petro Program is you earn points for your fuel purchase plus shower credits as where the "Hook" just gives you shower credits (that expire)...

To earn points with the PFJ card, call the number on the back of the card and tell them you're an expediter. Only downside to it is that you hafta go in and prepay. After you do, you get points as well as half-shower credits.

Reactions: Everything Apax

hazmat

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
To earn points with the PFJ card, call the number on the back of the card and tell them you're an expediter. Only downside to it is that you hafta go in and prepay. After you do, you get points as well as half-shower credits.

Just Curious???
Why do you have to go inside and prepay???

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've have always got points on every fillup at j and pilot. I wonder why others have had an issue?

As far as ta goes I threw my card away after having it for one week. When it comes to vans it is a horrible system imho.

hazmat

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've have always got points on every fillup at j and pilot. I wonder why others have had an issue?

As far as ta goes I threw my card away after having it for one week. When it comes to vans it is a horrible system imho.

Do you run a diesel sprinter???
If so, that's probably why...
Gasser's use to not get points just shower credits...

Reactions: xiggi