TA /Bp Expedite king cards

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Turtle said

At Panther, Comdata (not Panther) charges $1.50 per transaction to use the Comdata card, which is borderline criminal if you ask me. Hundreds of thousands of Comdata transaction a day. What a racket. I know E-1 charges you five bucks every time they load money on the card (which is just blatant because it costs them nothing to load a card), but do they charge you the $5 again every time you use it?

I have no clue...never ever used the thing myself...

It is a good program for those who can use it....my business model just doesn't swing that way...

johnpetrus

Seasoned Expediter
John,

You need to ask them to upgrade your card from ExpediteKing to UltraOne Expediter. You will get the gasoline benefit:

UltraONE

1 Shower per cumulative 50 gallons or more of diesel fuel or gasoline in a 5 consecutive day time period
Credits Good for 10 Days

Lawrence
I understand it the problem was this store manger wasn't going to hear a word of it she knew everything there was to know in the world (except when i asked he if she worked for BP or TA she got confused!) She was dead set and wasn't going to change her mind that the expedite card was no good for gas!

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Anyone miss the ole Flying J yet,,,,,yep the T A's suck and they did b 4 and they do now,,,amen.:D

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I don't miss the "J" at all...Yea goin to the Fuel Desk to get the info input can be a pain, its not that big a deal, and I will say that the TA showers far and away have been a big upgrade over the "J's"....

Now if the would cut it back to 15 gallons for a 1/2 credit, I wouldn't have to run the tank so low...but all in all, I am fine and spending money at T/A...just bought a new XM Radio yesterday, that money would have went to the "J" in the past...now they get NONE of my money....I won't even buy ga there while in between TA locations....

They have shown that gas expediters are not in their business plan, so they are no longer getting my money for anything...

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
According to Lynda Jones Manger Of TA Berkley Pa store number 067 . The Ta Expedite King will not be taken at the BP stores
only at the diesel pumps not the gas pumps !

the ultraone card is given 2nd chance points at the diesel fuel desk not the gas store. i got shower points for bp fuel at knoxville store at the 369 mm. i so not think it is proper for the drivers to have to be the frontline to do battle with recalcitrant fuel desk managers. i refuse to run to the diesel desk if it is in another building. got no time. this is expedite. t-a needs to get the district managers involved with personal visits to stores and have meetings with employees to get this straight. manager in whitman nc just gave my card back and said i should call cust serv..

Heffard

Seasoned Expediter
I just emailed Pilot and asked about programs for expedite freight driver who buy gas. I have emailed or called several imes in the last 3-4 months. This is the reply I just got:

Thank you for taking time to email me with your concern. By January
2011, we will have a program in place for those expeditors who do not
fuel on the back truck lanes. This program will ensure that showers are
gained by the expeditors.

Sincerely,
Customer Service

My email mentioned how the J was giving credit to gas purchases until "Pilot screwed that up" No mention if this program would cover Flying J now or not.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
My email mentioned how the J was giving credit to gas purchases until "Pilot screwed that up" No mention if this program would cover Flying J now or not.
Any new program at the Pilot will affect Flying J, since they are now one company, no difference between them at all. Both the Pilot's and Flying J's official company name is "Pilot Flying J".

You'll see this new logo at the Flying J Web site, as well as at Pilot's site.
You can certainly tell who's running the show now. :D

Pilot_Flying_J.gif

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Well 1st Pilot sent me an e-mail survey a week or 2 ago asking a bunch of questions as to my shopping, eating and fueling habits at T/S...go figure, the fueling questiones were asking strictly about diesel...

In the comment section, I thanked them for screwing up the Flying J program for the purchasers of gas and for getting me to try TA and the Ultra 1 program....

I can say that even if they get a program back in place, i wouldn't use them as my primary place for gas of showers anymore....most of the TA / Petro showers are newly remodeled. bigger, cleaner and the shower head is GREAT...i asked a manager where i can get one for home!!