Sweetner thats bad for U

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
for me the choice is obvious....Diet Pepsi will go on my shopping list....
I quit smoking...lost weight....greatly reduced alcohol consumption.....I've lost 62 lbs on Diet Pepsi...the studies can all be burned for all I care.....you can find more inconclusive/and - for and against studies to confuse a scholar printed out there. The results all depend on who's IMO interests they serve....

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
Had no time to provide a link in previous post. Here's just one of many.....

Robbie Gennet: Donald Rumsfeld and the Strange History of Aspartame

The revolving door from cooperate to political is in full swing.....always.

Or should that read full revolve?

Had ST team driver who drank diet pepsi by the gallon. After his first 32 oz's or so.....he was driving like a wild man and couldn't even do his log book correctly. He simply HAD to have his diet drink....no matter what. Some may not be effected in this manner and I keep the faith in "to each his own". However, for some, it's a very detrimental thing to be drinking.

Betti Martini leads the charge on that one and her radio interviews are most convincing.

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Maybe it was all the caffiene in the diet Pepsi that he consumed by the gallons that made him drive like a wild man.

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
maybe an allergic re action?....I've still not seen and reputable results from aspartame...and the ones that are out there you;d have to drink so much to be effected...like 5 lbs of it to catch a buzz...too much of nearly anything is not a good thing....over dosing on Vitamin C can be bad for the health....go figure...
as Maverick said.....to each their own...

Last edited:

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
maybe an allergic re action?....I've still not seen and reputable results from aspartame...and the ones that are out there you;d have to drink so much to be effected...like 5 lbs of it to catch a buzz...too much of nearly anything is not a good thing....over dosing on Vitamin C can be bad for the health....go figure...
as Maverick said.....to each their own...

They must put extra flouride in the Canadian water supply..SMH

Sent from my SPH-L900 using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Systemic fluoride is delivered to the tooth surface via the bloodstream. Systemic fluoride can be derived from a food source, water source, or dietary supplements (pill, tablet, lozenge, drop). Fluoridated water is an effective way to reduce the problem of dental decay. It has been shown that fluoridated water and dietary supplements can reduce up to 60% of tooth decay.
Some water supplies naturally contain fluoride, but for others fluoride is added to the water supply. If you would like to know if your community's water supply contains fluoride, call your local water or health department.
This is because when fluoride is ingested, it circulates through the bloodstream and into developing teeth. The fluoride is then built into the enamel structure of the developing tooth, making the tooth more resistant to acids.

Children from birth to 16 years of age will benefit the most from systemic fluoride. Sixteen is currently the age at which the American Dental Association recommends children can discontinue fluoride vitamin supplements.

also:

There was also a 390% increase in the percentage of children with no tooth decay when compared to rates reported prior to the addition of fluoride in 1963.

http://www.toronto.ca/health/dental/pdf/fluoride.pdf

Last edited:

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
Systemic fluoride is delivered to the tooth surface via the bloodstream. Systemic fluoride can be derived from a food source, water source, or dietary supplements (pill, tablet, lozenge, drop). Fluoridated water is an effective way to reduce the problem of dental decay. It has been shown that fluoridated water and dietary supplements can reduce up to 60% of tooth decay.
Some water supplies naturally contain fluoride, but for others fluoride is added to the water supply. If you would like to know if your community's water supply contains fluoride, call your local water or health department.
This is because when fluoride is ingested, it circulates through the bloodstream and into developing teeth. The fluoride is then built into the enamel structure of the developing tooth, making the tooth more resistant to acids.

Children from birth to 16 years of age will benefit the most from systemic fluoride. Sixteen is currently the age at which the American Dental Association recommends children can discontinue fluoride vitamin supplements.

also:

There was also a 390% increase in the percentage of children with no tooth decay when compared to rates reported prior to the addition of fluoride in 1963.

http://www.toronto.ca/health/dental/pdf/fluoride.pdf

Let's debate this one with the other side of things....following a needed rest period. There's another side to this story.

Better get that Balabushka keyboard out VanWolfMan, your going to need it on this one.

"we're gonna have a lot of fun".......;)

Tom Cruise in The Color of Money - YouTube

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am done....not debating pure bait material....where there are no winners and no losers....have your own fun in your own little sphere....G'day mate....:)

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
I am done....not debating pure bait material....where there are no winners and no losers....have your own fun in your own little sphere....G'day mate....:)

Probably a good decision on your part. The misinformation you provided in your fluoride post is indefensible against real scientific research and there definitely would be a loser in that debate.

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
When you addressed me with your nonsense reply heck yeah! My study Is right your study is wrong so there

What you have accomplished so far through smoking cessation and weight loss is laudable and I commend you for your discipline. It is certainly understandable that you are adamant to continue consuming diet soda.
I simply implore you to look to the future and consider switching to beverages such as unsweetened tea or water and give some thought to fluoride free toothpaste; however, as you said "to each his own". Good luck as you continue your journey toward better health. :)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
What you have accomplished so far through smoking cessation and weight loss is laudable and I commend you for your discipline. It is certainly understandable that you are adamant to continue consuming diet soda.
I simply implore you to look to the future and consider switching to beverages such as unsweetened tea or water and give some thought to fluoride free toothpaste; however, as you said "to each his own". Good luck as you continue your journey toward better health. :)

Thank you.... Good health to you as we'll.

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter

That's OK, OVM. Just fooling around and thought you might relish the thought of playing Vincent. After all, he does win out.

Let's just leave it with your posted info and people can check it out, or no. Many times I read where people say, in effect " well, it depends on what study your looking at, and who conducted it".

That's never been good enough for me; because one is actually true, the other is fabricated, skewed, and for the most part, not true. Most will actually choose the one that makes them more comfortable, or follows the belief currently held. To actually get to the truth of the matter is not something they wish to spend energy, or time on. Understood.

Kinda like those who use the worthless words of defeat which sound like this "let's just agree to disagree". Sorry, not good enough, and I'll take my toys and go home.

And congrats as well on your accomplishments. :cool: :p

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's OK, OVM. Just fooling around and thought you might relish the thought of playing Vincent. After all, he does win out.

Let's just leave it with your posted info and people can check it out, or no. Many times I read where people say, in effect " well, it depends on what study your looking at, and who conducted it".

That's never been good enough for me; because one is actually true, the other is fabricated, skewed, and for the most part, not true. Most will actually choose the one that makes them more comfortable, or follows the belief currently held. To actually get to the truth of the matter is not something they wish to spend energy, or time on. Understood.

Kinda like those who use the worthless words of defeat which sound like this "let's just agree to disagree". Sorry, not good enough, and I'll take my toys and go home.

And congrats as well on your accomplishments. :cool: :p

that is my point....which studies are true?....like you say..usually the one that is closest to your beliefs.....

darn I hoped I had more willpower to stop typing....LOL