Stupid brokers

Dave Sullivan

Seasoned Expediter
Heading home for Easter and I get a call " Hi I'm Erin and I'm new here a the broker, can you drop by and pick this up it pays very well and it not out of the way at all " so she sends it to me and it turns out to be 400 miles away and then comes back from were I'm leaving from but the best is it's a van load a 22 pallets 53ft van load 43k lbs. Erin says when can I tell them you will pick it up? So I tell her in between chuckles, never ! I have a cube van 4000lb limit and 6pallet limit!!!! She tells me YOU JUST DON'T WANT TO WORK !!!!!!!!!!

tknight

Veteran Expediter
I go through the educating almost 2 times a week sometimes more cause I'm the cranky old guy they break in the newbies by telling them to call me ! That's when they learn I'm no fun! And have a poor sense of humor when woken for stupid things!

Reactions: brokcanadian

rollincoal

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
So many rude brokers out here. And idiotic ones also that frankly don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. None of them are in this business for the right reason and it sure shines through when you converse with one of them.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
And idiotic ones also that frankly don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. None of them are in this business for the right reason and it sure shines through when you converse with one of them.
What is the "right reason"? To bring peace, harmony, understanding and love to all the peoples of the world? My guess is that most brokers; rude, idiotic or both are in this business to make money for themselves and not to bring peace, harmony, understanding, love and buckets of money for the owner/operator.

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This kind of attitude reminds me of a smart dispatch that was mad at me because I never use my QC. I politely explained to him, as I did previously with other dispatchers, that my QC wasn't working from the very first day, but he insisted that I'm too dumb to use a QC. Hardly I held my reply to explain him that by the time when I started using QC's, he was a toddler...

Last edited:

rollincoal

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
What is the "right reason"? To bring peace, harmony, understanding and love to all the peoples of the world? My guess is that most brokers; rude, idiotic or both are in this business to make money for themselves and not to bring peace, harmony, understanding, love and buckets of money for the owner/operator.

Has nothing to do with any of that nonsense. Generally speaking people who find the most success in any given business are in that business because they truly enjoy the work. You don't build a successful business with a dour attitude and by stepping on little people.

I remember an article recently by a CEO on some test he had on some business subject in his university days that really opened his eyes. He failed it. The only question was "what is the name of the janitor who cleans the restrooms?"

He said now that when he interviews prospective new hires over lunch he has already arranged for the restaurant to purposely screw up their order just to see their reaction to it. Because it says a lot about a person in how they treat others in how they will conduct business.

Business is business, I get that. But you don't go around talking down to people and being disrespectful.

Reactions: NorthernBill

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So many rude brokers out here. And idiotic ones also that frankly don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. None of them are in this business for the right reason and it sure shines through when you converse with one of them.

Business is business, I get that. But you don't go around talking down to people and being disrespectful.

Ya, okay then.

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
I allways have to hold my tongue with one we deal with never has p/u addresses right or times right and milage sometimes is as much as 25% off but they seem to have loads out of hard areas so I put up with them

Reactions: Treadmill

tknight

Veteran Expediter
I stop holding my tounge when I know they have no control over what some other jack nizzle does by I will put up a :censoredsign: when they tell me way wrong miles! Miles = money wrong address = money but more a pia wrong address with more than 10 extra miles = money!!!

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
had a similar problem to day with an agent tried to give me a load that another agent had aready given me he told me if I didn't want it that I should have said so asked him to hang on went out to the truck and read him the load off qualcom word for word plus how much they were paying and he has the nuts to tell me he wouldn't have paid that much I love landstarand that is why I can pick and choose what agents I work for.

Reactions: NorthernBill