1. Expedite Expo REGISTER TODAY for the Expedite Expo 2015, July 24th and 25th in Wilmington, OH! It's the only trade event focusing exclusively on the expedited trucking industry! Free admission and free parking – Expedite Expo is open to the general public. People from all over North America come to learn about the newest trucks, career opportunities and products geared specifically to owner operators and drivers.

straight truck box size

Discussion in 'The Newbies Paradise Forum' started by acajack, Dec 20, 2005.

1. acajack

acajack New Recruit

OK i"m an newbee....whats the largest box sold on a straight truck...any 32' or 36' boxes?

2. GUNSLINGER

GUNSLINGER New Recruit

Overall length of the truck may not exceed 40 feet. This will limit you to 29 or 30 feet depending on the BBC of the truck.

3. x06col

x06col Active Expediter

That is, may not exceed 40 foot in some States. Ironically, States like North Carolina, Iowa, and many others with good roads and plenty
    of room limit you to 40 foot, others with restricting roads and postage stamp sized shipping lots like Vermont limit you to 46 foot,
    New Hampshire 45 foot etc. etc. Montana 55 foot, Wyoming 60 Foot and
    Nevada a whopping 70 Foot. Better stated Mr. Gunslinger would be, some of the Carriers limit their Contractor trucks to 40 foot. I have a 30 footer on mine and, you really don't need any more room. I
    have 18 skid spots on the floor providing the skids are 48X40. If I
    am doing a floor load, or blanket wrap load i'll gaurantee you it is a long way to the front. I suggest if you want one bigger, get one that hinges in the middle.:+

4. Tennesseahawk

Tennesseahawk Seasoned Expediter

Good way to put it, Colonel! Your truck is still the best I've driven yet.

5. RichM

RichM Moderator Emeritus

If you buy a Cab Over such as a Argosy you should be able to get a 30 foot box on without any problems.

6. beachbum20714

beachbum20714 New Recruit

hi,i drive a 28' box truck cab over in the wash,dc metro area.most of your trucks have 22'/24' boxes on them.