Storm Freight

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Has anybody picked up freight that went expedite due to the ice storm. I would think LTL carriers are beginning to get backed up and some customers may want their shipments expedited. Could be a good week for expediters.

Reactions: ntimevan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Has anybody picked up freight that went expedite due to the ice storm. I would think LTL carriers are beginning to get backed up and some customers may want their shipments expedited. Could be a good week for expediters.
I haven't seen any indication of extra movement, but then again I am not anywhere near the ice event...

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You don't need to be near the area affected directly by the ice storm. LTL schedules that were bound for terminals that were affected by the ice storm were held back. Freight should be backing up just about everywhere. I guess it will depend on how desperately customers want to get their shipments.

Reactions: ntimevan

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Seen a little. The Monday holiday I think took a lot of the pressure off the system. :(

Reactions: Moot

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
And we were told on Qualcom yesterday that GM pushed up loads scheduled for early delivery this week to late last week and weekend ... they didn't want shortages after the storm ...

Sent from my SM-G900M using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: Treadmill

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I need some Tylenol expedited to me.

Walking out to the shop to put the truck back in service (if the QC works)...wiped out 3 times...not gracefully either..walking. About 3/8 inch of ice early this am.

Ya, maybe tomorrow sounds good.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm sitting in the ice storm right now. Bid on one local...didn't get it...nothing on the boards near me anyway