sterling 960 express

denny2010

Expert Expediter
does anyone know the price for one of these beautiful trucks? thanks.....i did call dealership a few times no answer back. so i will ask on here.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Think you are shopping for a used one as they aren't made any more.

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
does anyone know the price for one of these beautiful trucks? thanks.....i did call dealership a few times no answer back. so i will ask on here.

They were put together by Freightliner of Knoxville. Since Sterling trucks have been discontinued, and Bentz sleepers is also out of business. I haven't seen the dealer advertise anything on them.

New, they were around $102,000. You can still pick up a used one since they are plentiful right now. I seem to remember 3 of them listed on Truckpaper last week.

I own one, and it is a nice truck.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The 960 is a class 7 and knowing what I know now I wouldn't have a class 7 chassis, only a class 8. Having 3 Sterling class 8 and knowing what I know now I wouldn't buy another Sterling even if they were still being made. Knowing what I know now I wouldn't have a Cat engine unless it was a really really good truck and practically given to me. I would first look at Kenworth if I were in the market for another truck.

Foksales

Active Expediter
Hi. In regards to the Sterling 960 Express Cruiser, unfortunately the Sterling product is no longer produced. We are still manufacturing expediter trucks with our custom 960 sleeper - we are using the Freightliner M2106 and M2112. Occasionally we are able to locate a used Sterling 960 Express Cruiser, but there aren't many for sale.

Please feel free to give us a call and we can answer any questions you may have.

Have a great day!
Deanna

Deanna Moore
Freightliner of Knoxville, Inc.
800/443-2324

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Hi. In regards to the Sterling 960 Express Cruiser, unfortunately the Sterling product is no longer produced. We are still manufacturing expediter trucks with our custom 960 sleeper - we are using the Freightliner M2106 and M2112. Occasionally we are able to locate a used Sterling 960 Express Cruiser, but there aren't many for sale.

Please feel free to give us a call and we can answer any questions you may have.

Have a great day!
Deanna

Deanna Moore
Freightliner of Knoxville, Inc.
800/443-2324

Thanks for the info Deanna. I have one of the 960 Cruisers, a 2006.

Who is building the sleeper for your trucks since Bentz is no longer in business?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Thanks for the info Deanna. I have one of the 960 Cruisers, a 2006.

Who is building the sleeper for your trucks since Bentz is no longer in business?

Don Bentz is still building sleepers, under the name 'Bolt' [yes, it was a bad idea, considering the expedite carrier with that name is already well known, but it's what he chose.]
Bolt is located at 4532 Allen Martin Dr, Ft Wayne, In, 48808. Tel: 260 387 5779.

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Don Bentz is still building sleepers, under the name 'Bolt' [yes, it was a bad idea, considering the expedite carrier with that name is already well known, but it's what he chose.]
Bolt is located at 4532 Allen Martin Dr, Ft Wayne, In, 48808. Tel: 260 387 5779.

Yeah, I stopped by a couple of months ago to have Don check the inverter in my truck.

He had several sprinters and a couple of freightliner centurys in the shop, but I didn't know he was still building the "cruiser".

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
i thought that they took the bentz name back when jeff jones and the rest of them all got together. wasnt there a post or advertisement about that ?